Human Resources Business Partner
HITT Contracting is seeking a HR Business Partner to provide professional guidance and support to our team members and business leaders. The ideal candidate will have high levels of motivation, strong organization skills and be influential in achieving operational excellence and a best-in-class employee experience. The HR Business Partner carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, change management, performance management, employee engagement and programming, HR policy and procedure, HR-related training, federal and state compliance, and general HR administration. This position reports directly to the HR Manager.
- Respond to HR-related inquiries, questions, and complaints from team members across all departments and provide guidance and direction on HR policies, programs, and processes
- Act as an advisor and strategic resource to managers and team members on a variety of employee relations issues including performance management, development, retention tactics, team building, conflict resolution, and exit interviews and processes
- Leads thorough and objective investigations as needed, assess risk and determine appropriate course of action, working closely with the HR leadership and legal as appropriate
- Partner with business unit leadership to provide strategic insight and strategy for change management, succession planning, and risk aversion
- Assists in the development and implementation of various HR policies and initiatives
- Guides, trains, and directs managers and team members on appropriate federal and state legal compliance (FMLA, ADA, EEOC, etc.)
- Assists in the tracking of HR related activity, analyzes data for trends and provides ad hoc reports to support departmental goals and initiatives (terminations, compensation, hires, diversity, etc.
- Supports broader HR projects as needed and maintains confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-10 years of human resources experience
- Working knowledge of fundamental HR principles, practices, and appropriate employment laws such as FMLA, ADA, EEOC, etc.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience building relationships internally and externally
- Possesses a strong business acumen and excellent conflict resolution skills
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track and manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
- Eagerness to integrate into a family-oriented, entrepreneurial, and highly demanding work environment
- Self-starter with track record of producing results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and requires minimal direction in achieving goals, yet also maintains strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Capable of identifying performance and/or behavioral gaps that can negatively influence culture
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
- Attention To Detail
- Change Management
- Commercial Awareness
- Computer Programming