Under direct supervision, maintains the integrity of the organizations warehouses, receives, stores, picks, loads and distributes products and POS materials within the warehouse. Essential Job Duties
Scope of Responsibility
- Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized product and POS material. Utilizes manual and power material handling equipment.
- Sorts and places products or POS materials on racks or shelves according to predetermined designated locations.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, wraps pallets with stretch film and prepares for shipping.
- Accurately identifies and counts products/POS for redistribution from warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Marks in coming products with identifying information. (Date Code, Product Description and Code, Case Count)
- Marks outgoing product with identifying information. (Route #/BIN Location, Pallet Count)
- Verifies amounts of product/POS materials received.
- Uses handheld computer during local checkout process according to Company Operation Guidelines.
- Operates material handling equipment to transport stored items within the warehouse.
- Prepares and organizes warehouse for daily cycle count inventory and shopping activities.
- Complete daily maintenance power equipment checklist. Report defective equipment.
- Adhere to appropriate hygienic and safety guidelines.
- Participate in warehousing sanitation/cleaning according to schedule.
- May perform other duties as required.
Works under direct supervision while following all company guidelines, procedures, and policies in order to maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment. Supervisory Responsibility
N/A Knowledge and Skill Requirements LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving occasional variables in standardized situations. Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED Professional Licenses or Certifications
Ability to qualify and maintain fork lift operator’s license/certification. DOT certification required in some locations.