To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Towson, MD
- Emily Mintz
- Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TEKsystems, Inc • Towson, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Our client is in need of a high level Desktop Technician who has a proven track record of providing superior support to the end users. This person will be resolving any and all issues it could be new user set ups-setting up a keyboard, mouse or it could be pushing packages out through SCCM or it could be a blue screen issue and you have to go to the user to provide assistance.
The most common issues are email issues, Office Suite issues, and installing and supporting software but the manager said this person would have to be flexible in what issues they would be able to resolve.
90% of the time this person will be providing hands on desktop support the rest will be remote support.
* Provide 2nd level technical support for Intel based desktops running Windows 7 operating systems.
* Support the allocation, build, and deployment of PC/LAN hardware.
* Troubleshoot office applications, printers, workstations, laptops and peripherals.
* Provide desktop integration within the network operating system.
* Assist in the deployment of new systems, upgrading of existing systems, and daily administration and maintenance of systems.
* Accurately log and document work history on all tickets.
* Participate in the development of documentation for information systems, processes and procedures in the Stanley Black and Decker environment
* Able to travel to other local sites for remote support as needed.
* Effectively manage problems through all phases - analysis, resolution, trouble shooting, root cause analysis
Experience within the following areas a plus:
Candidate Qualifications and Skills:
* Able to provide solid end-user support through a variety of methods including: desk-side, remote support, telephone, and email
* Able to work independently - must be self-motivated, and demonstrate initiative
* Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving ability
* Able to integrate and work efficiently in a team environment
* Able to interact well with others and possess a clear understanding of customer service and support
* 2 - 4 years' experience in desktop and direct end-user contact support
* 2 - 4 years' experience with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite
* Demonstrated expertise with technical integration of client/server applications on the desktop
* Good working knowledge of LAN\WAN technology - experience with TCP/IP
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Able to multitask and prioritize workload
* Capable of working extended hours as required - including off-hours on-call and weekends
* 2 yr. associate degree in an Information Technology field
The Candidate will be asked to follow clear metrics. They require all priority 1 tickets to be resolved within 4 hours, priority 2 within 24hrs, and a priority 3 within 3-5 days.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.