To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Savannah, GA 31415
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transport Driver- Night Shift- Company Owned Fleet
Colonial Group Inc • Savannah, GA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of Colonial’s products and services to the customer. Colonial’s drivers play a critical role in shaping our service reputation as a company. The Driver must exhibit a thorough understanding of the equipment being operated and the products being delivered.
Weekend work as needed. Overtime pay is available at time and a half.
- In a timely and safe manner, drives a truck to transport Fuel & Lubricants to and from specified destinations, plants, offices and industrial yards.
- Maintain equipment in clean and safe working condition.
- Thorough understanding of all equipment to be operated, including: pumps, hoses, nozzles, and Smartruck software.
- Lifts and carries long hoses for dispensing product at customer locations.
- Maintains drivers logs per state and federal regulations.
- Maintain compliance with DOT Regulations.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Responsible to perform pre-trip, post-trip, and in-transit inspections.
- Responsible for ensuring load is locked, braced and secured.
- Inspect tank inventory – Check tanks to ensure proper delivery. Drivers are the face of the company and will be expected to look and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years CDL truck driving experience.
- Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements.
- Must have at least one year of fueling experience.
- Must have basic math and reading for English comprehension skills.
- Basic computer skills inclusive of understanding and utilizing electronic logs, employee time reporting and utilization of
- Must be highly motivated and offer customer service and teamwork.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment for this job will include expose to all weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move 40 - 60 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer.