KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Finance Specialist I
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position reports directly to the Carrier Relations Manager, and is primarily responsible for developing strategic audits, performing detail analysis, and providing extensive reporting to improve cost structure of billed leased access facilities as well as improving success rate of incremental revenue opportunities. Candidate will be responsible for taking lead on third party access vendor negotiations for these purposes.
- Utilizing knowledge of network design to audit all aspects of leased access invoices against vendor tariffs, contracts, or interconnection agreements.
- Develop efficient strategic audits to facilitate mass invoice analysis. Identify, negotiate, and assist in resolution of billing disputes with access vendors.
- Develop effective reporting tools and provide detailed reporting to management and internal customers regarding leased access costs and process metrics.
- Leverage market intelligence to improve success rate of incremental revenue opportunities.
- Continually identify for management process improvement opportunities to ensure efficient structure for the Network Finance organization.
- Special projects as required.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Typical number of years’ Experience: 2+
- Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Fields of Study: Finance, Accounting, Business, Operations Science, etc.
- Additional Specialized Coursework: Proficient research and analysis to identify incorrect billings and develop audit strategies.
- Familiarity with and ability to interpret access tariffs, contracts and interconnection agreements.
- Familiarity with leased network design and industry billing standards.
- Excellent spreadsheet and query manipulation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external customers in both one-on-one and group settings.
- The candidate ideally will have an understanding of leased access cost elements, architecture and circuit construction.
- Ability to interpret terms and conditions of purchase agreements and LEC tariffs, and use that knowledge to solve problems and create opportunities.
- He/she must have the ability to influence individuals to meet the organization’s needs.
- The candidate must be able to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment, prioritize multiple projects and issues at the same time, with the ability to coordinate across functions and possess through a proactive work ethic.
- Additional preferred skills include experience with MS Excel, MS Access, MS Office, BRIO, Tableau, Power BI, SQL, R, or other query, analytical, and statistical computing tools.