The Medical-Surgical/Telemetry Registered Nurse, as a professional practitioner employed by Maxim HealthcareServices, Inc., assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process andthe delivery of patient care. The nurse demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective andefficient manner with supervision. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability inthe coordination of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and isaccountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patients needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actualand/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, andselected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patientcare outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, andeffective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floorincluding establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordancewith 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) TheJoint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing andclient hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Current Health Certificate (per facility contract or state regulation).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred.
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
- Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Nursing Interventions Classification