St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
This position works collaboratively with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure delivery of high quality nursing service in accordance with the physician’s orders and with the agency’s programs and policies. Services are provided in the home and in the
patient’s place of residence.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and performs initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments on patients referred for home health nursing services.
- Determines eligibility for admission, obtains financial and statistical data, formulates initial care plan according to the patient’s Plan of Care and processes the admission.
- Refers patients to other agency disciplines and to community resource as needed.
- Assesses, promotes and maintains health of individuals, families, and the community through teaching, counseling and appropriate preventive and rehabilitative measures in the practice of nursing.
- Provides ongoing assessment to determine service frequency, change in Plan of Care and discharge from service in compliance with agency policy and philosophy.
- Functions as the designated coordinator of patient care responsible for assuring the provision of optimum, comprehensive multidisciplinary care. Assures care plans are followed according to agency standards for the provision of quality care, appropriate service utilization, and compliance with third party payor requirements for reimbursement.
- Communicates with the patient’s physician, referral source, and members of the multidisciplinary team both orally and in writing as required by the patient’s condition and agency policy.
- Maintains and uses patient clinical records, reports and other written communications according to agency policy and directives.
- Records make clear the goals and plans with emphasis on the family oriented approach to patient care.
- Records reflect contact with physicians and other agencies as needed. Documentation is completed per agency guidelines.
- Participates in the development and operation of the agency by: Keeping administration informed on changing community needs and lack of community resources. Participating in the orientation and guidance of new staff. Interpreting agency service to families and community groups. Contributing to evaluation of service programs. Evaluating effectiveness of his/her own service and contributing to the evaluation of and continuing development of staff members.
- Demonstrates efficient time utilization in the home, in the office, and in preparation for and travel to and from the visit.
- Performs skills independently according to agency procedures.
- Researches and/or obtains needed information prior to the visit.
- Develops and implements clear teaching plans, utilizes printed material, teaches factual content appropriate to the patient’s diagnosis, patient/caregiver needs and abilities.
- Assumes personal responsibility to keep informed of current changes and trends affecting nursing care and professional nursing functions. Participates in patient-centered unit meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance (PCRAFT) in interactions with all customers, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
Acts as a preceptor for student nurses and orientees as assigned. Other related duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional nursing theory and ability to apply it to the community health setting and Hospice.
- Ability to instruct professionals in the care and treatment of the physically and emotionally ill.
- Ability to prepare neat, timely, accurate and concise records and reports. Ability to accept and to utilize supervision.
- Knowledge of the use of community resources.
- Interest in keeping abreast of trends and developments in nursing practice.
- Possession of a current professional nurse licensure to practice in PA.
- Current CPR certification.
- Part time and per diem staff must possess a cell phone with text messaging.
- Position requires the use of your own private vehicle for Network business.
- You must have a valid driver’s license issued by the applicable state of residency, as well as evidence of auto liability insurance; which must have at least the state-minimum coverage limits.
- Insurance must be maintained at all times while being employed in this position.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Occasionally lift and/or carry 100 lbs Frequently lift and/or carry 50 lbs Stand and/or walk at least 6 hours in an 8-hour work day
Stooping (bending at the waist) and crouching (stooping and bending at the knees) – required frequently Handling (grasping) – required frequently Fingering (fine manipulation) – required only occasionally
Important: The functional capacity to perform heavy work includes the functional capacity to perform medium, light and sedentary work.
Good physical and mental health.
Neat, clean, free from body odors, conforms to the uniform code.
Constant standing and walking during work periods.
Turning, stooping, bending, climbing, stretching and lifting in the provision of nursing care.
Finger and hand dexterity necessary to handle delicate instruments and other equipment.
Visual and auditory acuity required to provide comprehensive nursing care.
Inside – Office environment and patient homes
Outside - Traveling to cases and/or clinics in extreme cold and heat,
wet and/or humid conditions, snow, ice and/or fog
Hazards - Exposure to contagious disease
road and driving
POTENTIAL ON-THE-JOB RISKS:
Employees who work in patient care areas where they may have potential exposure to patients with suspected or proven tuberculosis (TB) must have the ability to wear a particulate respirator and be fit-tested in compliance with the current recommendations from the CDC (enforced by OSHA) or must provide physician documentation as to the inability to wear a particulate respirator.
A graduate of an approved school of professional nursing who is licensed as a Registered Nurse by the state in which practicing, Baccalaureate degree preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years as a professional nurse in nursing practice or previous community health experience as a professional nurse preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health Registered Nurse - Easton, PA[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health Registered Nurse - Easton, PA