Mechanical Project Engineer
709 Papermill Rd
Dublin, Georgia, 31027
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer coordinates planning, organizing, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility. Work within engineering process to define and participate in the development of projects to implement or improve manufacturing efficiency and/or general process improvements and initiatives. This includes providing technical direction, assistance and engineered problem solutions to maintenance and operating personnel. Manages all phases of capital and expense projects from inception through final project. The Project Engineer will support all Mill goals such as safety, environmental, quality assurance, costs, and budgets. The Project Engineer will outline project requirements, assign tasks, and supervise progress to ensure that project objectives are being met.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Safety is the primary responsibility on every activity and project. The Project Engineer will orient personnel, frequently audit work to insure everything is being executed safely, and work with operations/maintenance/safety departments as needed.
- Manage multiple capital and maintenance projects, including planning, design, documenting, budgeting, and implementation.
- Manage ongoing facility infrastructure maintenance programs.
- Assist in the attainment of Mill goals by serving on teams or supplying teams with necessary technical support and responding to field questions.
- Ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring diplomacy and trust.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This will include working with the operating and maintenance personnel closely to determine needs.
- Ability to assess situations based on facts and quickly react to provide timely and precise directions to employees involved. Assists with troubleshooting and fixing plant problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and summarize information and written materials. Ability to produce reports, business correspondence, and documents.
- Coordinates and supervises work of outside contractors on various sized capital and maintenance related projects.
- The Project Engineer will manage projects to keep them safe, get quality results, keep cost within budget, and maintain schedules.
- Must be able to generate drawings, specifications, project execution plans, scope of work documents, estimates, schedules, and all instructions necessary to convey project requirements to others.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years industrial experience. Experience in a Pulp and Paper Mill environment is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office – Excel (ability to script macros is preferred), Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong leadership ability along with high ethical standards, with uncompromising focus on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Solid ability to organize and plan, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to forecast spending on projects and manage projects within budget.
- Project Engineer must ensure documentation is in place on the projects to which he or she is assigned and make sure the information is communicated to operations and maintenance in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain a balance of work priorities and complete assignments within established timeframes. Take on every assignment with a sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently and interact collaboratively as part of a team. Take an active role when working with a team.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw valid conclusions supported by fact and data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: mechanical project engineer, project engineer, mechanical engineering, capital projects, spending, budgets, scheduling, planning, capital spend, winder, winders, paper machine, paper machines, liner, medium, kraft, lightweight, paper, linerboard, paperboard
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Attention To Detail
- Self Motivation