Essential Functions/Duties: Assist the Quality Manager with the daily quality department activities. Provide support for new product and equipment qualification processes. Evaluate and document the feasibility of new manufacturing methods to improve quality, capacity, efficiency, and costs. Evaluate, document and present results of trials of new equipment, process changes and/or new suppliers or material changes. Assist in maintaining the quality management system for the plant. Conduct root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns and returned material. Assist in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, TPM, etc. Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions. Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
REQUIRED knowledge/skills/abilities and other minimum qualifications:
• Heavy industrial environment manufacturing experience, automotive experience is a plus.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in quality assurance, supplier quality assurance, or process engineering
• Experience with 8D and other problem solving and experimental analysis tools
• Knowledge and experience in maintaining ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Quality Systems
• Knowledge of and experience with statistical process control methods
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in the use of Minitab, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Working knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects analysis (FMEA), Control plans, value stream mapping, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Six-Sigma principles, Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycle
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Automotive Industry
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Iso 9000
- International Automotive Task Force