WELCOME NEW RN GRADS!
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 Americas 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizient Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
- Career Advancement Program for RN's
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program
Vizient connects members with opportunities to learn, improve and build. Together with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), participants can access top training resources in their effort to deliver better care. The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) focuses on new graduate nurses as they enter practice with an evidence-based curriculum that delivers on Leadership, Patient Safety Outcomes and Professional Development. All newly hired, newly graduated nurses will participate in the Nurse Residency Program.
Reading Hospital is fully invested in your personal and professional growth and development. As a new Registered Nurse our Nurse Residency Program offers:
- A wide range of learning experiences, including lectures, hands-on practical care, skills labs, group activities, and clinical development
- Discussions about topics like patient advocacy, service recovery, pastoral care, palliative care, and risk management
- Peer discussion groups for sharing experiences and nurturing a sense of belonging
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Deliver excellent nursing care through evaluations, planning, implementation, and documentation while serving a diverse patient population with complex concerns.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Certification and Licensure
- PA Registered Nurse Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse License
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care
- Interpersonal Skills
- Self Motivation