To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of B2B Technology
ExecuNet • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 months ago
As Vice President, you will be a key member of an integrated, multi-disciplinary account team with responsibility for building, managing and executing strategic brand and reputation management programs on behalf of a Fortune 500 global brand. The ideal candidate would have a wealth of experience and knowledge with reputation management and communication strategies to add on-going value to achieve the clients’ business goals. This person would also have extensive experience and a passion for the Technology B2B space as it relates to PR and providing day to day client counsel.
About the Job
- Serve as senior agency contact to a cornerstone account; lead and direct all program efforts to ensure client satisfaction; bring a value-added approach to all issues and projects
- Entertain clients appropriately to cement relationships and better understand their businesses; include other agency staff when appropriate
- Generate incremental business opportunities with existing client base
- Encourage and train account teams on developing incremental business; guide them in how to recognize and develop new business opportunities with clients
- Maintain team billability and productivity requirements; monitor for account profitability
- Function as key player in pursuing new business opportunities and in leading the proposal and presentation processes
- Work with office management to develop and implement company policies and procedures; reinforce Company values, ethics, culture and critical success factors
- Maximize utilization of team members through effective recruitment, employee goal-setting, appraisals, development plans, etc.; work with human resources in dealing with personnel matters
- Encourage and create a can-do, get-it-great working environment, reinforcing the importance and value of each team member’s contributions
- Demonstrate and develop presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills; demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of materials, including media materials, byline articles, speeches, client correspondences and reports
- Stay on top of PR trends in the industry; bring them to the attention of clients and associates, as appropriate
- Work with financial manager to ensure client budgets are comprehensive, actual costs are monitored and approved, and billed account receivables are collected in a timely manner
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing or a related field
- A minimum of eight years of agency and/or corporate/technology public relations experience-(expertise in "corporate" reputation management, message development, media strategy, strategic communications and global/international experience is a plus) . Ideal background: must have experience working on global clients in-house or on the agency side.
- Must have demonstrated skills and success in building, owning and driving programs. Previous/current experience as the direct client contact and building plans.
- Broad-based exposure to all skill areas, including proposal planning, writing and presentations, media relations, and consultative selling.
- Proven track record in growing business.
- Direct experience in building and managing teams comprised of professional and non-exempt personnel
- Analyst relations experience a plus