The Director of Purchasing will be responsible for developing, negotiating, and executing local sourcing agreements for all labor categories of spend while supporting the Division President to ensure cost efficiencies are maximized. #CB
- Actively participate in the creation and implementation of the Division Business Plan
- Adopt the role of strategist as integral member of the Division Leadership Team
- Ensure compliance to Purchasing Policies and Procedures throughout the purchasing department
- Coordinate the use and further development of the automated purchasing system and other systems used within the purchasing department
- Analyze plans for cost reduction recommendations and research cost of proposed design ideas
- Facilitate value engineering sessions with trade partners and construction associates
- Train, advise, and assist purchasing, construction, and sales associates
- Communicate status of new communities with the Florida ROC weekly
- Review the month end reports (WIP and COP reports) for accuracy and use to control pricing changes
- Interact with the division associates to resolve any purchasing related issues
- Review monthly cost comparisons for suppliers/trade partners
- Review product and implement specification changes
- Negotiate prices with suppliers / trade partners
- Review weekly extra reports for material and labor
- Manage and oversee options in JDE and Oracle
- Ensure purchasing department is taking advantage of its volume to increase quality and reduce cost wherever possible
- Establish and implement new procedures as technology and needs change
- Interact and communicate with the Florida ROC to ensure schedules and deadlines are met
- Work with the management of the Florida ROC to enhance performance and service provided to the division
- Work with division associates to enhance the working relationship between purchasing and the division
- Ensure division has the best subcontractors in place to meet deadlines and assure budgetary needs are fulfilled
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices
- Responsible for improving the division and product’s cost per square foot and product’s financial performance
- Ensure continuity of supply and labor to division communities
- Oversee architectural and plan review
- Analyze plans for cost analysis recommendations and value engineering adjustments.
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO’s.
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs.
- Generate and analyze variance reports.
- Participate in division variance meetings, communicating results to the purchasing and construction team for any adjustments needed.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Minimum of 5 years of residential construction experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sourcing and managing supplier/trade partner relationships
- Have superior analytical, influencing, and communication skills
- Must have sound financial management knowledge
- Must have sound project management capabilities
- Must have sound negotiating skills
- Team Player with ability to work well under pressure
Supplier Relationship Management
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-5051
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The history of our Company is amazing. Lennar began in 1954, as F&R Builders, co-founded by Gene Fisher and Arnold Rosen. In 1956 Leonard Miller joined F&R by investing $10,000 and replacing Gene as Arnold’s partner. Through Leonard’s guidance and Arnold’s attention to construction, our hallmark traits of Quality, Value and Integrity were born. In 1970 we became a public Company under the corporate banner of Lennar, a combination of Leonard and Arnold’s names.
View the full profile
Through the years, Lennar has grown to a disciplined and spirited team of Associates who have fine-tuned the art of identifying and capturing opportunities to grow and become an even better Company. The result is a long proven track record of strategically timed and impeccably executed expansions into new markets. As a result, Lennar now builds homes in some of the most desirable cities and states to live in all across America, and has now become one of the most respected homebuilders in the nation.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Lennar builds affordable, move-up and retirement homes in Communities that cater to almost any lifestyle – such as urban, golf course, Active Adult or suburban Communities.