Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of two powerful companies in the metals industry, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies and Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery. Operating globally, Primetals Technologies offers a world-class technology product portfolio to guarantee excellence in metals production across the entire value chain - from the raw materials to the finished product. We provide fully integrated new technology, automation and environmental solutions, high-end manufacturing capabilities and comprehensive life-cycle services. Becoming a member of the Primetals Technologies Team means that our customers can count on reliable and dedicated support to master the challenges facing the metals industry today and in the future. For our Employees, this means abundant opportunities to gain challenging work experience and steady growth potential for their careers.
We are looking for an Accountant 1 for our MSM North East, MD facility. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare and understand job costing reports
- Accounts Payable process of matching an invoice with the correct receiving paperwork and purchase order within SAP.
- Administer contract billing
- Develop customer contacts for cash collections of overdue invoices
- Prepare journal entries
- Month-end closing and balancing of accounting sub ledgers, including balancing and researching of discrepancies.
- Assists in the month-end process
- Assist the Accounting Department in creating timely and accurate financial statements
- Other accounting projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; can be working toward degree
- Familiar with the entire Accounting process, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Up to 2 years of financial experience with strong general ledger experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work on many different projects at one time.
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- SAP, preferred.
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting with first day of employment, including a 6% match on the 401(k) plan. Relocation will be available to candidates based on experience and position. If you want to learn more about Primetals Technologies, visit our website: primetals.com!
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles