Information Technology Desktop Architect
Why Join Parsons?
Parsons provides complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and smart cities markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally-enabled defense, security and infrastructure solutions. These solutions respond to opportunities created by disruptive technology, expanding global population, urbanization, aging infrastructure and security challenges.
It's an exciting time for Parsons as we transform from a commercial engineering firm to a public, mission-focused technology company. With technological advances and opportunities facing our business, Parsons is focused on enhancing our existing business, extending our business into new markets, and transforming our company into an industry-leading digitally enabled solutions firm.
Along with transforming our services we are transforming how we work within the company and to accommodate this we are making a wider range of desktop tools (such as Macintosh computers, tablets and other devices) available to our employees. This Desktop Architect will establish technical standards for computer workstations and work with leadership to define Desktop Architectural Standards and identify areas for improvement. The successful candidate will participate in the overall design, installation and integration of IT Desktop Standards throughout our global enterprise with a core focus on the End User Device.
Our Architect will have a comprehensive knowledge of available infrastructure technologies and trends in the industry and use this knowledge to analyze system requirements and long-term user needs to plan future development of integrated infrastructure systems, recommend infrastructure security procedures and policies, and recommend strategies for building and maintaining the appropriate IT infrastructure that best supports our business initiatives and long-term goals.
Our preferred location for the position is in our Charlotte, NC office, but our Pasadena, CA and our Richardson, TX offices are options for the right candidate.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and 10-12 years of diversified experience applying multiple infrastructure technologies and working in more than one area of infrastructure technology (desktop, network, servers, storage, IPTelephony).
- Experience providing direction in business analysis, system architecture and major infrastructure applications and processes for a large global enterprise.
- Individuals with a 2-year degree and an additional 3 years of relevant experience can be considered. Those candidates without a degree will be required to have an additional 5 years of relevant experience for consideration.
- Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT)
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect, Cloud Practitioner) preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications (Server, Azure) preferred.
- Cisco Associate Certifications (CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security, etc.) preferred.
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (Ccna Security)
Microsoft Certified Professional