Business Unit and Position Summary:
The Product Sales Manager - TOV, is a key contributor with the responsibility of sales and product margin for the triple offset butterfly product line (Crane FK9000) in the Americas. This individual will be responsible for channel development, product training, applications training, sales planning & forecasting, funnel management, end user demand creation, product line margin, and other functions as outlined by the New Product Sales Manager, Americas. Primary markets for the product line include, but are not limited to, Petrochemical and Refining in the Americas region. Supports the Global Business Line Manager with planning, strategy, and business development. Supports Regional Sales & Key Account Teams with training, customer visits, AML pursuit, and channel development. This individual will also work closely with Customer Service, Operations, and other Crane ChemPharma & Energy departments. This highly visible role is viewed as a development position for future Senior Sales or Key Account Leadership positions.
* Drive annual Top Line and Bottom Line orders and sales growth for the triple offset butterfly (TOV) Product Line in the Americas.
* Drive value proposition and technical specification of the TOV product line at target end users in target applications.
* Manage the project opportunity funnel through the global project management (GPM) process
* Assist in the development of commercialization plan for new product development (NPD) launches
* Help identify key decision influencers at Target & Key Accounts; interacting with them to ensure they understand the TOV product and the value propositions for their applications.
* Provide front-end technical sales support for Sales Engineers & Key Account Managers.
* Assist in the development of quotations on projects with customer service and business line team
* Assist in the execution of MRO conversion accounts.
* Assist in the development of competitive technical analysis and training materials of products in target applications, highlighting technical advantages.
* Maintain a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the product line and the value proposition within specific applications.
* Assist in development of pricing strategy for current and new products.
* Develop and deliver product and application based training to internal and external sales resources.
* Conduct customer "Lunch and Learns" to promote TOV products.
* Identify opportunities for new product development, which support existing application and improve our value proposition or technical advantage.
* Provide support to RSM's to manage relationships of sales channels.
* Provide support to BLM to perform competitive benchmarking and develop demand forecasts.
* Provide support to KA Director and RSMs to manage accounts (local, regional and global).
* Deliver weekly report on TOV business activities.
* Deliver monthly update on progress vs. plan, competitive movements and key projects to New Product Sales Manager.
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification) in Engineering, Mechanical or Chemical preferred.
* Minimum 5 Years of Valve experience or 10 years of experience in valves/flow control with relationships at major national chemical, refining and distributors.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with ability to quickly build relationships at multiple levels.
* Knowledge of creating product value propositions to win MRO and Projects versus competition.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills, including technical and business understanding.
* Servant leadership mentality; hands on approach.
- Customer Service
- Customer Value Proposition
- Front End (Software Engineering)
- Global Project Management