To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Freeburg, IL 62243
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager Operations - Freeburg, Illinois
Hubbell Inc • Freeburg, IL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, Illinois 62243
Responsible for management and oversight of Administers organization policies by performing the following duties either personally or through subordinate supervisors/employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to and is responsible for all aspects of the Manufacturing personnel, productivity, on-time delivery performance, cost and budgeting /forcast.
- Manages and develops a team with a commitment to process improvements in the areas of safety, quality, cost and delivery performance, utilizing business practices.processes to include 5S,,
- Ensures the most effective management of all work centers, processes and personnel involved with the manufacture..
- Supervises and provides guidance and mentoring to the Planning and Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that the planning and warehouse functions are coordinated and synchronized with manufacturing to support the OTDP, inventory and other goals of the organization.
- Ensures inventory objectives in concert with on-time delivery metrics are met through effective planning, scheduling and communication
- Identifies and manages key cost drivers within the manufacturing process and works to continually refine processes to meet busines objectives.
- Develops solutions for meeting production plans in support of Company objectives.
- Confers with plant management team to coordinate use of shared service departments (ie Maintenance, Tool Room, etc.)
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees while maximizing process flexibility through cross training.
- Review production costs and suggests production and inventory control profiles to maintain and enhance profiles operation of team.
- Monitors production quality and ensures compliance to standards. Actively pursues an environment that promotes quality excellence.
- Contributes relevant metrics for daily/weekly team review. Continuously reviews and redefines metrics to maximize group performance.
- Stays abreast of Lean manufacturing principles and adopts right sized solutions for manufacturing flow. Enhances LEAN culture and drives continuous improvement.
- Plans, develops and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of labor and materials. Eliminates waste and develops cost reductions.
- Recommends budgets and spending forcasts. Approves exenditures for supplies, materials, personnel, ensuring materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Generates requests for funds for assets/expenses including facility improvements, manufacturing or test equipment and maintenance and repairs.Ability to lead productivity improvement projects.
Skills and Experience
- Manages Planning, and Warehouse Supervisor/Administrator, production leads and other direct subordinates.
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the manufacturing team.
- Directly supervises non-supervisory employees . Carries out suprevisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, recommendations for hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; apppraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skill are vital.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and utilize decision making skills.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be organized and have the ability and drive to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Automation/Robot background desirable.
- MTO/MTS experience.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university.
- 7+ years in a manufacturing supervisory role
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suite, SAP is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines
- Demonstrated to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to develop staff
Bachelors Degree in Other
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.