We have an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer for a 16 month contract in Allen Park, MI (48101). This position offers the possibility of extension and/or conversion to full-time employment.
Engage in Tech Refresh projects including virtual capacity and physical environment. Systems Engineering for FEDE / C3P with knowledge on UNIX, networks, DB, and storage. Knowledge of virtualization technology (specifically Solaris zones or other UNIX equivalent ) Work with cross functional teams to facilitate successful deployments, migrations. Act as a liaison between vendor and operation team. Follow up on the issues and work with the third party vendor to resolve them as per SLAs. Lead and provide direction to operation team in providing production support. Coordinate and work with vendor, Engineering team and customers on change controls. Plan and coordinate migrations and security patches and manage 24/7 on-call support. Ensure Solrais servers are in Information Security Policy (ISP) compliant to mitigate risk to our business.
Skills / Experience Required:
* 5+ years of IT experience.
* Solaris, Linux, or AIX. Communication
* Ability to effectively communicate through various levels of engagement.
* Ability to utilize desktop tools and facilitate effective communication.
* 5+ Systems Administration experience in Unix/Solaris environment
* Experience with TeamCenter PLM application.
* Experience with Cloud technologies.
* Experience with Automation technologies.
* Training in Solaris Administration (especially in Virtualization/zones) Certifications in Unix/Solaris administration
* Project Management skills a plus
* Bachelor’s Degree
Solaris (Operating System)