Requisition ID: 49100
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
This is a newly created position that is responsible for the proper quality and manufacturability of new products. This role is responsible for developing plans to improve defective and waste control. Will prepare and conduct internal audits. Will pprovide the necessary engineering expertise to the production organization to promote the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Lead activities involving continuous improvement of product quality, performance and irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating initiatives related to improving product quality. These duties would include training and instruction of appropriate team members and day-to-day floor support.
- Lead activities to Identify and correct unacceptable performance through analysis and technical knowledge of the product and processes including cost and waste reductions.
- Gain understanding and assist to ensure safety, quality, environmental and other regulatory compliances.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Mechanical or Electrical are preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to URL blocked - click to apply.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click URL blocked - click to apply for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and URL blocked - click to apply for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Danville
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Engineer, Electrical, QA, Quality Assurance, Database, Engineering, Technology, Quality
Product Quality Assurance