Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant performs administrative secretarial and administrative duties and provides such support to all staff in the Program. This Administrative Assistant interacts with a diverse group of agency staff, external vendors and affiliate groups. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and execute multiple tasks.
- Provide full administrative secretarial support to Program Coordinator and staff, including typing, faxing, Xeroxing, scan/ e-mail and filing, etc.
- Answers phones, takes and relays messages to all staff; assists with following up on phone contacts received from the general public, external affiliates,families, other KenCrest offices.
- Receives and distributes daily mail; sends outgoing mail in an accurate / timely manner.
- Performs tasks leading to the creation,maintenance and/ or completion of broad variety of correspondence, forms, reports, records, file systems, as a matter of routine and upon request.
- Acquires new skills and knowledge, as needed, to efficiently utilize office equipment and computer systems.
- Oversees and addresses office maintenance needs by working with building supplies and places orders as needed to maintain adequate supplies.
- Acquires and demonstrates a basic knowledge of Day Program policies and practices to help maintain information for files and billing purposes, and for effective interaction with staff and external affiliates.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least three (3) years of work experience in an office setting, or other relevant administrative experience.
- Typing and keyboard proficiency; and possess computer knowledge and skills for efficient use of word processing and spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access; effective use of the internet
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in English as a primary language; bilingual skills a plus
- Experience with a variety of office/ business machines.
Monday - Friday 37.5 hours a week
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
KenCrest offers a wide variety of benefits for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off and more. Please see the KenCrest website for additional details.
Setting Up Files