AZZ Electrical Solutions Platform seeks a Platform Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager responsible for developing and implementing a platform-wide budget management process, including Budget Analysis, Cash Budget, CAPEX planning, and analytics and analysis of previous year’s financial status. This position will also coordinate with AZZ’s three (3) year strategic financial planning process and aid in the Company’s overall strategic and annual operating plans. The Electrical Solutions FP&A Manager will partner with cross functional teams on multiple domestic and international platform initiatives. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance, Electrical Solutions Platform.
Position Summary Statement
The Electrical Solutions FP&A Manager will work as an integral part of the platform leadership team to provide FP&A support to multiple functional areas within the Electrical Solutions Platform.
AZZ Inc. is a publicly-held (NYSE: AZZ) global provider of metal coating services, welding solutions, specialty electrical equipment and highly engineered services to the markets of power generation, transmission, distribution and industrial in protecting metal and electrical systems used to build and enhance the world’s infrastructure. The Company’s Electrical Solutions division is a leading provider of reliable transmission and distribution systems of power from generation sources to end customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and coordinate a wide variety of corporate and business financial measures, including: annual budgets, cash budget, and CAPEX planning.
- Coordinate and assist in the three (3) year strategic financial planning model
- Develop and report financial key performance indicators, decision analytics and flux analysis including the development of internal financial reporting packages.
- Assist with Sales Analytics and indicators including return-based metrics with RONA
- Coordinate financial forecasting for Cash flow.
- Drive adherence to deadlines and schedules as part of the overall financial reporting and review calendar.
- Implement and maintain financial models and projection tools for use as key decision making tools across the Electrical Solutions platform.
- Recommend strategies to improve financial performance, and interface with internal and external audit teams as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned to enhance and improve financial methods
- Work with plant controllers, analyze past results, and perform financial analysis to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. (I.e. 10-day forecasting)
- Identify and drive financial process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reporting, tools, dashboards, and increase productivity through the development of streamlined standard financial processes with reporting and forecasting.
- Aid in the development and collection of internal manufacturing costs, including labor and overhead.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs, review compared to standard costs and investigate cost deviations to determine variance explanations.
- Assist with inventory accounting and accuracy, as well as full physical inventories at the manufacturing sites.
- Periodic travel will be required to visit each of the facilities making up the Electrical Solutions platform.
- When needed, may assist with controller functions at the site level.
Advanced knowledge of manufacturing financial reporting and the ability to accurately analyze financial reports and recognize trends financial disparities.
Knowledge of business management principles and providing high quality customer service to our internal clients.
Capable of self-directed work with management and peer oversight and instruction.
Advanced oral and written comprehension and expression skills.
Ability to collaborate with several individuals on a cross functional team and help manage challenges and mitigate the financial risk associated with various corporate projects.
Strong analytical, writing and communications skills.
Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Oracle
- Knowledge of ESSbase/Hyperion or any other database management systems used in analytical applications.
- Strong MS Office skills are required
- This position will not have direct reports.
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- At least 5+ years of manufacturing finance/accounting experience, preferably with publically traded organizations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- CPA certification or similar designation
- Experience in the construction, manufacturing, and/or energy industries