$13.00 - $15.00 HourlyLocation :
Red Wing, MNJob Type:
On call or as needed/scheduledJob Number:
Sheldon TheatreOpening Date:
10/3/2023 4:30 PM Central
Job Summary The Sheldon Theatre backstage crew could be right for you, if you are hands on with a positive attitude take the time to apply today.
The Production Technician operates back stage systems including but not limited to lighting, sound, orchestra pit lift, and fly rail. Work includes preparatory work for lighting, sound and stage rigging, loading in, setting-up and loading out shows, and running sound and lighting systems during events.Job Type: Part time**Part time employees can receive up to 6 comp tickets per season, with some exclusions, and 10% off other tickets**.
Check out the upcoming season.
Essential Job Functions
Addresses basic maintenance issues such as light bulb replacement and building safety, and basic equipment repair as assigned by the Director of Production Assists with pre-show preparation of performances and operates equipment as directed.
- Prepares the theater for rehearsals, performances, or other events.
- Moves equipment, stage props, scenery, music stands, chairs, etc. as needed to prepare for rehearsals, performances, or other events.
- Sets appropriate lighting and temperature.
- Returns settings to those used when the building is empty following activities.
Operates lighting, sound, and/or backstage equipment during performances.
- Works to meet the needs of the artists in regard to sound, lights, scenery, and rigging.
- Assists with troubleshooting, repairs and maintains, or provides for the maintenance of all audio-visual, multi-media, projection, lighting consoles and systems, sound consoles and systems, recording equipment of all kinds and all production inventories, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains lobby appearance, information and displays.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Runs Sheldon lighting and/or sound board(s), operating lighting and sound cues in an efficient manner per the specific instruction of the performing artists or their design staff and with the guidance of the Director of Production.
- Operates fly system, as needed and per artist instruction, during performances.
Experience, Education, Certifications, Physical Requirements
No experience necessary, on the job training provided in stage lighting, sound, basic rigging and fly systems. Minimum education requirement: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.Physical Requirements:
Work is moderate with intermediate heavy lifting with frequent standing, stair climbing and walking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Sheldon staff, volunteers, facility clients, school groups, artists, entertainers and the general public, ability to understand theatrical production equipment.
- Handling And Load Carrying
- Problem Solving
- Stage Lighting
- Lighting Control Console