Point person for promoting,providing, and coordinating high-quality behavioral healthcare as a member ofthe primary care team.
- As a member of the primary care team, help address the behavioral health needs of patients in primary care utilizing the collaborative care model of integrated care.
2. At the request of the PCP orin other appropriate situations, conduct a triage visit or initial evaluationto help clarify behavioral health concerns and develop an individualized,appropriate care plan.
3. Enrollpatients referred by the PCP into the collaborative care program which includesboth in person and telephone outreach visits for a short-term episode of care,up to 12 weeks duration.
4. Utilizestandardized, evidence-based clinical measures to assess patient’s symptoms andresponse to treatment.
5. Proactivelycommunicate with patients, primary care team members and the consultingpsychiatrist to aid in effective, patient-centered, team-based care.
6. Forcarefully selected patients, provide face-to-face, short term counselingincluding; problem-solving therapy, brief CBT, motivational interviewing orbrief supportive therapy (average 6 sessions per patient, per episode of care).
7. Partnerwith PCP teams to systematically screen and assess for opiate misuse and othersubstance use disorders.
8. Forcarefully selected patients, partner with PCP teams to provide team-basedtreatment for opiate and other substance use disorders in primary care.
9. Assistpatients in need of higher levels or care, specialty mental health or substanceuse services, outside of primary care, to connect with appropriate treatmentresources.
10. Effectivelymaintain and manage a patient registry.
11. Performsother duties as required or assigned.
Master’sdegree in social work from an accredited institution of higher education,including an internship meeting professional standards.
Mustbe able to demonstrate that he or she has provided psychological services, onan inpatient, outpatient or consultative basis in the past 12 months.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: