You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Power BI Consultant
Hybrid position in Houston Texas
Salary range 80K to 125K Annual Salary (see note below)
All the benefits and perks you need:
- 100% Paid Healthcare Insurance, including First Primary Care Wellness Program
- Start accruing Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan
- Mentoring Program
- Team Events
- And more….
We simplify business transformation, applying thought leadership and innovation to create digitally connected enterprises. From Strategy to Implementation, we bring our clients’ digital agenda to life. One of the keys to our success as a company is finding and hiring exemplary employees. We believe that each member of our team contributes directly to Smartbridge’s growth and success, and we take pride and celebrate with our employees as they continue to grow and succeed with their career paths as well.
Senior Power BI Consultant Job Description:
The Consultant must have a strong understanding of the architecture, design, development, and deployment of business intelligence systems and large-scale data warehouses using Power BI tools and commercial database platforms like Oracle, SQLServer, and Teradata.
- Assist in the planning and delivering of multiple projects.
- Create project plans, milestones, and execution
- Deliver projects/work on time, on budget, in a way that client goal is accomplished
- Manage multiple teams of people, motivate and maintain strong relations
- Experience in supervising staff both on-site and global virtual team members
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to adapt to challenges and to mentor team members
- Create data warehouse design patterns, designs, standards, and templates
- Identify problems, develop ideas and propose solutions within different situations requiring analytical, evaluative or constructive thinking in daily work and for assigned programs and projects
- Prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues and upper management and provide assistance to less experienced employees as an advisor
- Apply conceptualized and creative-thinking expertise toward possible reporting solutions or alternatives
- Design and implement caching and performance architecture for Power BI tools
- Hands-on development using Power BI tools to create dashboards & reports and use as standard templates
- Define and implement BI management procedures
- Design and implement BI metadata and data dictionary design and standards
- Design and develop data warehouse projects and data marts, model and create Power BI projects, logical data marts, and table structures; and define attributes, dimensions, hierarchies, and metrics.
- Define and manage schema objects for Power BI projects
- Document systems through object models, data definitions and naming conventions
- Ability to write reports, documentation and speak effectively before groups of business and IT personnel
- Travel to client locations as per the project and/or client needs
- Must possess Four (4+) years of experience in Information Technology with a technical background
- Experience reporting against SAP and or SAP BW to the skills
- Experience delivering multiple projects
- Experience in BI Development (2+) years of experience in developing Power BI based business intelligence systems and large-scale data warehouses
- Experience in creating data warehousing and business intelligence solution
- Understanding of architecture and data warehousing concepts
- Must have strong Power BI and database skills
- Must be able to travel to client locations
- Experience with fortune 500 companies implementing BI solutions
- Motivated, demonstrate initiative and leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work easily with client personnel
- Works well independently and within a team
- Great organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Possesses a professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree (business, engineering or related field recommended); knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Your Future Working environment
If you join Smartbridge you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. We ideate, conduct hackathons to prove our ideas and develop new skills in our people, and bring such ideas to our clients. Choose a career at Smartbridge and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
We partner with customers in their journey from vision to adoption, and across the plethora of technology options available today. Smartbridge’s comprehensive list of technology and software partnerships gives us the freedom to remain an objective collaborator with our customers. The suite of Smartbridge services includes Digital Innovation, Systems Modernization, Applications Integration, Data Management, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Enterprise Mobility and RPA.
An empathetic approach to understanding customer challenges is bred into the Smartbridge culture. It is evidenced by our ability to bring ideation to life for customers and ourselves. As thought leaders with a track record of successful project execution, Smartbridge is committed to fueling your innovation.
Next to our excellent terms of employment and fringe benefits, we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas. At Smartbridge you will operate in a professional environment where entrepreneurship is hugely encouraged.
Visit www.Smartbridge.com for articles, videos and podcasts to inspire your journey
*Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Equal Pay Transparency Laws in numerous states we operate. It takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees.
Powered by JazzHR
- Business Intelligence
- Business Intelligence Development
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gb1nb72
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.