Vista College is currently hiring for a Financial Aid Officer at our Richardson, Texas office supporting our Online Division.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
This position will work the following schedule:
Monday through Thursday - 10:00am to 7:00pm
Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm
The Financial Aid Officer is responsible for processing financial aid for our students and working closely with the Director of Financial Aid at the campus. Under general supervision, assists and advises students, parents and other interested parties regarding student financial assistance and provides information on available programs, procedures, and eligibility requirements. Reviews financial aid applications and related documents for compliance with eligibility requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide information, advice and assistance regarding the various types of financial aid available to students
• Analyze student applications and determine eligibility for financial aid
• Work closely with our third party servicer in getting students’ financial aid cleared for payment
• Ensures the accuracy of student financial aid packaging for state and federal agencies
• Coordinates with Director of Financial Aid the implementation of new policies and procedures at the campuses.
• Support and actively participate in the major initiatives for process improvement
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Customer service oriented
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Must be able to multi-task
• Be able to work in a dynamic work environment
• Possess a winning attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Packaging And Labeling