At Arconic, our goalis to be the best company in the world. Arconic is the world's leadingproducer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and aluminafacilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Arconicserves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction,commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design,engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic’s businesses as asingle solution to customers.
The SCM Scheduler/Planner position iswithin Arconic's North American Aerospace and Automotive Products (AAP)Business Unit. AAP produces the widest variety of aluminum sheet andplate products in the world. Our aluminum is the foundation for manyproducts serving customers in a wide range of industries, including aerospace,building and construction, and automotive systems and distribution.
The SCM Scheduler/Planner is responsiblefor
Creating,modifying, maintaining, and communicating production center schedules thatbalance throughput and delivery while ensuring continuous inventory flowthrough all areas of responsibility.
Interfaceregularly with Operations, Maintenance, Quality, SCM, and bargaining unitemployees.
Reviewingnew orders, looking for possible application of finished goods or in processmetal (e.g. overage, salvage, excess) prior to releasing the order for castingand hot rolling.
Reviewand update the production flow path (as determined by the Lot Generationsystem) to ensure metal produced will meet customers’ requirements, using themost economically feasible fabricating practice.
Reviewthe ingot size selected by Lot Gen for appropriateness, considering quantityrequired, historical recovery, and standard ingot size menu.
Providefeedback to the Lot Generation Programmer in support of accurate flow pathinformation.
Analyzeand process change order requests, order cancellations, and production holds asrequested by Sales, Quality, and Operations personnel.
Provideinventory management for salvage, overage, and excess material.
Generatepractices in support of experiments (shop orders) under the guidance ofQuality, Operations, or Engineering personnel and provide vacation relief forother Order Planners and Schedulers.
Usehuman performance concepts and standardized work to reduce inventory and flowtimes while maintaining 95% delivery to external customers.
Thejob is primarily day-shift with periodic weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Basic understanding of different aluminum alloy compositions
- Work experience and knowledge of principles and concepts of lean manufacturing (ABS) used for achieving business results
- Understanding of inventory management concepts and forecasting
- Basic understanding of the entire procurement and shipment processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills with "out of the box" thinking
- Resourceful and forward thinking
- Results oriented, with ability to respond quickly
- Experience working in a union environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Microsoft Office knowledge especially in Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail