Job ID: 50516
Our client in Overland Park, Kansas is seeking an Insurance Specialist - Commercial Property.
NO CORP-TO-CORP SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FOR THIS POSITION. Applicants must be able to work directly for Fast Switch as a W2 Employee (US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply).
Under the direction of the department manager, the person in this position is responsible for acting in the most timely, efficient and responsible manner to protect the interest of the investors pursuant to the mortgages serviced for them. The duties specifically relate to all insurance matters. This is accomplished within the parameters of individual investor guides, Pooling and Servicing Agreements, applicable law and the mortgage documents.
For Your Assigned Portfolio:
- Review, analyze and interpret all types of property and liability insurance policies, operating statements and property appraisals for commercial loans to ensure compliance with the loan documents, investor requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Manage and ensure the data contained in the servicing system is updated to reflect the current status regarding insurance policy effective dates and coverage amounts.
- Monitor and manage the disbursement of payment of all insurance premiums for the commercial mortgage loans for which there are escrow funds being held and any force place insurance premiums.
- Monitor and collect the necessary documentation to determine that all non-escrowed loans have adequate insurance policies in force.
- Initiate and oversee any forced place insurance coverage that is required due to inaction of the borrower.
- Oversee and administer all casualty losses incurred on the commercial properties. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing the severity of the loss by reviewing loss affidavits, engineering reports, etc., arranging property inspections, and processing disbursement requests from the loss proceeds.
- Correspond, either verbally or in writing, as necessary with borrowers, insurance agents, and insurance companies to resolve any issues or discrepancies related to insurance.
- Interact with internal departments as needed to resolve any issues or discrepancies related to insurance.
Marginal and Peripheral Functions:
- Administer all customer inquiries and requests that relate to commercial property insurance.
- Assist with servicing acquisition related tasks.
- Train new employees.
- Assist the department supervisor with other duties as assigned.
- Act as resource to other department members and internal/external customers.
- Minimum two-years broad based commercial property insurance or related experience or Four-year college degree.
- Legal document review and interpretation experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the various types of commercial property insurance policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial loan servicing experience
- Four-year college degree.
- Commercial insurance agency or insurance carrier work experience.
- Experience with McCracken/Strategy loan servicing system.
- Efficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software, such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to function in a "deadline driven" environment and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others.
- Ability to manage change and foster teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional conduct.
P.C., Standard office equipment (phone, fax, copier, calculator
Fast Switch, Ltd. is a high-growth IT staffing firm, with headquarters in Dublin, Ohio and with offices serving the Columbus, Detroit, Boston, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Hartford, Los Angeles, Tucson, San Francisco, Denver, and Cleveland metropolitan areas. We have a staff of over 780 associates and have experienced growth while remaining profitable.
Compensation can vary depending on experience and capability, plus benefits which include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, and 401(k) with match and IMMEDIATE vesting. Our benefits package, in this day and age, is superb.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and/or navigate to our Careers page.
Standard Accounting Practices