Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future? Join us and take part in the autonomous and connected car revolution at Valeo!
As a Lead Power Electronics Engineer, you will be the technical point of contact for NA customers, supporting the hardware development, implementation, and integration across multiple Power Electronics products including Inverters, Onboard Chargers, DC-DC converters, working closely with Core Team in Europe, Program Management, and R&D Engineering group.
Your project and challenges?
- Lead technical communication between customers and product group teams on design, architecture, test, strategy, manufacturing, integration, and implementation from advanced R&D through launch
- Review customer RfQs, generate compliance matrix, evaluate technical feasibility and support quote creation
- Interface with customer advanced engineering teams on current & future programs/architectures feeding back to technology roadmap development
- Provide support to internal and external design resources when appropriate (e.g. high-power hardware development, PCB layout, other engineers, test laboratories)
- Lead the technical analysis reviews, design reviews, test result reviews, trade off studies, FMEAs, and customer presentations
- Reviewing product design, layout, schematics with customers and help troubleshoot
- Liaise with core team in leading WCCA with customer/s
- Support product testing and Root Cause Analysis of PE components at circuit level
- Support benchmarking NA competition and identifying focus areas for Valeo
Qualifications - External
Let’s talk about you….
- Required: B.S. in Electrical engineering or comparable study paths
- Preferred: M.S. in Electrical engineering or comparable study paths
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in power electronics & vehicle electrification at an OEM or Tier 1
- Experience in High Voltage components: Inverters, OBC, DCDC
- Experience in High Voltage sub components: Power Modules, Capacitors, PCBs
Thanks to its strategy based on innovation, Valeo is at the heart of the three revolutions that are revolutionizing the automobile: the electrification of the vehicle, the advent of the autonomous and connected vehicle, and the development of digital mobility.
Revolutions that Valeo has anticipated and that are today synonymous with great career opportunities, including abroad! At Valeo, innovation is driven by diversity, authenticity and the energy of its talents. Would you like to live new technological and human adventures? Join Valeo and its 111,600 employees in 33 countries!
- Electrical Engineering