To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Chase Colvin
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VMWare System Administrator L3 (Secret Clearance)
TEKsystems, Inc • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 1 month ago
This contract is migrating or getting rid of HyperV and moving to vCenter.
The Senior VMware Administrator provides guidance to ensure all team requirements are successful and workload is efficiently balanced. Has a strong understanding of troubleshooting and configuration of VMware servers to include protocols and switching, best-practice configurations, connectivity and networking concepts. Applies a specific knowledge of VMware systems administration concepts, practices and procedures and is required to be available for on-call mission support. They are expected to work on complex assignments and perform a wide range of VMware system administration activities with little to no direct supervision. The VMware administrator must be a self-starter and be able to work under aggressive deadlines. The candidate possesses familiarity with varied concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures. The ideal candidate can plan and execute tasks based on experience, judgment and independent research. The candidate reports to the Systems Manager.
* Act as a lead system administrator working with team members to ensure all requirements are delivered in an efficient, highly productive manner
* Apply best practices where possible or engineer new best practices using innovative approaches as appropriate
* Analyze new and existing software; install, maintain, and customize vendor software
* Consult with internal and external users to identify and document user objectives
* Monitor system and application performance to detect errors; apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g., diagnostic software) and provide interpretation of data
* Provide root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problems
* A 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience
* 5-7+ years of VMware systems administration experience
* 5-7+ years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration experience
* Experience installing vCenter Server Appliance/Platform Services Controller (PSC) including installation, configuration and updates
* Ability to integrate and maintain VMware compute resources with Red Hat Satellite technology.
* Experience writing and debugging shell scripts in a standard UNIX shell
* Knowledge of performance monitoring and tuning tools, problem determination and recovery, and security
* Required to be on-call 24X7X365 and respond in a timely manner (can VPN in)
* Experience with Satellite Server and auto-provisioning
* Experience with IBM X-series and Flex System, Dell and HP server technology
* Experience with VMware performance tuning and capacity planning
* Experience with high availability architectures and concepts (possibly including, but not limited to HACMP)
* Experience with Virtual IOS concepts and applications
* Experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts including NetBackup as it pertains to VMware
* Experience with Logical Volume Manager, Storage concepts and SAN provisioning
* Experience with Windows Enterprise administration
* Familiarity with infrastructure as a service and cloud computing
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.