To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH 44308
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Consumer Products - Akron, OH
FirstEnergy Corp • Akron, OH
Posted 2 days ago
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 5,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co. a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
This position reports to the Director of Product Innovation and Development and is located at the Corporate Office and/or the West Akron Campus.
This is a key position within FE Products at FirstEnergy Service Company; a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. The mission of FE Products is to earn new revenues for the company by innovating new products and services for both existing and new customers.
The Manager of Consumer Products will lead a team of Consumer Products professionals who will be responsible for the management and growth of multiple product categories as well as the delivery of new products aligned to market opportunities as defined (on the 3-year product roadmap). The consumer products manager has the pulse of trends impacting the business (competitive landscape, consumer trends, retail), assisting the team with the development of product /portfolio strategies and roadmaps. The consumer products manager leads development and implementation of product category strategies that deliver established financial metrics and strategic objectives. The Manager’s ultimate responsibility will be to deliver on stated/established revenue and margin goals by driving each consumer product professional for maximized performance and results over their product portfolio(s) while enabling their needs in order to be successful.
- Create strategic product plans for owned product categories including development and updates of 3-year category roadmaps.
- Manage and grow existing business by creating plans to increase sales of existing products and identify margin and value improvement opportunities within categories.
- Analyze sales data, consumer trends and competitive landscapes to inform actions and provide support for portfolio and roadmap recommendations.
- Develop and leverage the results of consumer research plans by actively collaborating with Product Innovation and Marketing to identify and prioritize new product opportunities.
- Drive execution of successful new product introductions that are on time and meet financial and strategic goals while actively managing risk through active collaboration with cross-functional project teams.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of multiple direct reports with a demonstrated emphasis on servant leadership.
- Lead implementation and adaptation of product management processes that continuously improve the consistency and quality of team results.
- Develop and oversee budget for managed team and external product development resources as required to support projects aligned to owned categories.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing leaders to establish and achieve product category growth and positioning objectives aligned to channel and brand strategy/goals.
- Lead by example to demonstrate the value of Product Management excellence.
- Become versed in and become a champion of the Innovation Engineering practices and principles.
- Represent the brand, support the team mission, and understand the challenges of a large utility as it navigates the innovation space.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve ambiguous and highly complex problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgement, attention to details, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under the pressures of deadlines, resource constraints and changing priorities.
- Project credibility, competence and the ability to influence across the organization.
- Report out and present development progress to management at a required cadence.
- Being flexible to business plan modifications as a result of opportunities, marketplace developments, and regulatory influence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline required
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience required. Relevant work experience will include experience in consumer products industry with preferred experience specific to durable goods company / brand serving the big box retail sector.
- At least 5 years experience in developing multi-year product roadmaps
- Prior experience managing a team of employees preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive, self-starter. Not afraid to ask questions or to make a mistake
- Experience in translating market driven needs into technical product development requirements
- Ability to gather, segment, sort and analyze data to understand trends
- Demonstrated collaboration with Business Insights professionals to develop consumer research plans
- Hands-on use of products to develop a thorough understanding of usage scenarios and user experience
- Deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines. Demonstrate the ability to make decisions without having all of the facts.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate the ability to tell a story thru a work product tailored to a specific audience which may include Senior Executive Management.
- Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful change results.
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment and manage progress for multiple activities at once
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within the company and with external contacts such as customers and potential or existing suppliers
- Act with integrity and ethics
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team