To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Internal Communications Manager (Remote / Virtual)
Dura-Line • Knoxville, TN
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mexichem is a leading provider of products and solutions across multiple sectors from petrochemical to construction, infrastructure, agriculture, healthcare, transportation, telecom and energy, among others. It is one of the biggest producers of plastic pipes and connections worldwide and one of the largest chemical and petrochemical companies in Latin America.
Built upon a global footprint, it employs over 19,000 people in more than 30 countries where it holds over 120 production plants, 2 fluorite mines, 6 training academies and 16 research and development laboratories and generates more than US$5.6 billion per year. With over 50 years of history and more than 30 years trading on the Mexican Stock Exchange, Mexichem has a business model of vertical integration and strategic acquisitions, which derives in exclusive access to raw materials, proprietary technology and global competitiveness.
Mexichem is currently seeking a Manager for Internal Communications. They will report to the Vice President of Corporate Communications (who is in the Bay Area) and be part of a small and cohesive team. The position will offer the right candidate a unique opportunity to create an internal communications strategy for Mexichem’s 22,000 global employees. We are launching a new company story and branding to better represent how we are helping to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems such as climate change and water scarcity.
The best part is... you can work from home!
We are looking for someone who will be able to communicate through a thoughtful understanding of Mexichem’s voice, brand and culture. Successful candidates will have a combination of great storytelling and creative abilities, and a willingness to explore and experiment with internal communication techniques and platforms.
You are an excellent writer who has an ability to inspire people with words and has an acute sense of what is news. You also have the organizational skills to manage an editorial calendar. The right candidate will be an integral member of the wider communications efforts. Finally, we are looking for a great cultural fit as well. This is a very collaborative environment where you will make many friends and use grace and humor in your job. We look forward to welcoming the right candidate into our Mexichem family.
- Create an internal communications strategy to reach 22,000 global employees.
- Collaborate closely with the corporate communications team (and key stakeholders) to write and implement innovative and engaging communications that share and enhance Mexichem’s stories of innovation, culture and strategic priorities.
- Manage editorial calendars.
- Serve as a key liaison and work across business units and functions to ensure consistency and quality of communications reaching internal audiences. This would be the full array of communications options (face to face, electronic, print and broadcast).
- Partner with IT to identify, leverage and integrate technology into communications that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications.
- Develop storyboards and translate ideas to the graphics team.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent with external narratives.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Partner with communications team to help respond to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- 7+ years of communications experience, preferably in internal communications or journalism. Demonstrate a proven ability to develop new channels, write clean and clear copy, edit and have strong digital content skills.
- Be a strong project manager. You should be able to organize work in a methodical, rigorous manner and be comfortable with deadlines.
- Be an impact player. Be a strong self-starter who is willing to make their mark in a company that is truly a multinational company and launching a new company story.
- Be a team player. This is a lean team. We’re looking for willingness to jump in as needed on projects outside your scope.
Your expected travel is no more than 15 percent of your time.
Mexichem offers a broad range of value added ingredients and finished products that contribute to customers’ success and ultimate improve the quality of life for people around the world. Along its commitment to good citizenship, Mexichem delivers Total Value to customers, employees and investors worldwide, every day.