RSM is looking for an enterprising Senior Associate to join the Financial Institutions Audit team in our Chicago office. Financial Institutions is a rapidly growing practice in our firm Nationwide, focused specifically on community banks and specialty finance, in which we are the middle market leaders throughout the country.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Develop an understanding of the client's business, and become a financial institutions industry specialist to understand client specific needs
- Understand and utilize RSM’s Audit Methodology
- Supervise the Staff under the direction of a Manager
- Supervise Audit Associates on engagement teams and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to Managers and Partners
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Recognize and inform management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25% of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- 2 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment, internal audit department, or financial institution regulatory agency
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS regulations
- CPA certification or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification, including required coursework
- Perform substantive testing and analytical review procedures as well as documentation of internal control systems
- Prepare control deficiency and compliance letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Willingness to take supervision and guidance
- Previous experience in auditing financial institutions
- Some experience performing audits of internal control over financial reporting
- Demonstrated ability to in-charge an engagement
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles