All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to $20,000 Sign On Bonus (Nights $20,000 - Days $15,000) and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days and Nights, 3/12s 6:45– 7:15
Location: 400 Celebration Pl, Celebration, FL 34747
- The C4W Surgical Oncology PCU at AdventHealth Celebration Health is a 40 PCU unit with all Private Rooms serving patients with various diagnoses.
- Oncology/Hematology diagnoses are the primary group of patients we serve. In addition, it specializes in surgical oncology which includes patients requiring surgical interventions related to head and neck cancers, gynecological cancers, and breast cancers.
- Our team strives to provide the optimal patient experience and healthy work environment for the staff. The fast-paced environment offers opportunities to provide compassionate care, grow clinical skills using evidence based practice, and participate in research and decision making through our Nurse Practice Council.
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida.
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
Terms: 24 month Full Time Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.