To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Audit Officer/Data Analyst
Mercantil Commercebank, N.A. • Miami, FL
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The IT Audit Officer is responsible for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls related to information technology, as well as compliance with internal policies, applicable State and Federal banking regulations and industry best practices. Will also perform data extraction and analysis to identify data trends, and anomalies, as independent assessments, or to supplement the different types of audits performed by the department.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform Information Technology audits for MBNA and as assigned by the Audit Managers.
- Determine if the internal controls in place effectively mitigate the organization's risk exposure to losses, and ascertain that the Bank's information systems and the information they store are properly safeguarded and controlled.
- Evaluate compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, such as GLBA; and/or applicable guidelines, such as COBIT.
- Evaluate the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the Bank's information systems and the information they process/store.
- Assess the level of risks and controls of the various systems and applications to be audited.
- Perform audit tests and procedures. Document and reference work papers to support audit scope, objectives and testing results.
- Propose Audit Ratings and assist in the preparation of Annual Risk Assessments.
- Provide auditees feedback on audit testing, and provide Audit Manager draft reports based on the results of the audit.
- Perform internal audit data analytics for MBNA and as assigned by the Audit Managers.
- Perform data extraction and analysis using tools such as SQL, SAS, Python, and ACL to support internal audit procedures.
- Ability to handle large, complex and dispersed databases, merging of data sets, and various data manipulation efforts.
- Analyze large and complex datasets, in order to develop an understanding of trends in data, and data outliers, as well as identifying anomalies.
- Assessing data quality and validating data from End-User computing.
- Identify areas where testing of complete populations can be performed through data extraction and analysis, and facilitate the process.
- Create and automate various ongoing reporting and monitoring efforts.
- Assist in the training of auditors in regards to data extraction and analysis.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and have the ability to manage change. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, advanced statistics, effective presentation skills, creative skills, budgeting, ethics management and conducting effective meetings and research assessment are required. Must have the ability to identify, assess and report risks arising from violations of rules, regulations or internal policies.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
B.S., preferably in Information Technology, MIS or others supported by strong technology background. Relevant certifications, such as CISA and CISSP.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
At least two years of experience in data extraction and analysis, two years of information technology (support) experience, prior audit experience, and prior banking experience. Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; general knowledge of networks, databases and mainframes.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; general knowledge of networks, databases and mainframes. Advanced information technology knowledge, organizational and project management or IT internal audit skills. Previous experience with Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS PowerPoint Advanced, MS Project Level II and MS Visio Level I required.