WHO WE ARE
This position qualifies for a sign on bonus of $2,500! Please speak with a recruiter for more information.
At JBG SMITH, we believe in our team and our ability to make a difference. We welcome diverse perspectives and innovative ideas. We are passionate about service and strive each day to make a positive impact. That motivates us. Inspires us. Empowers us to be our best. It also creates a rewarding environment in which to learn and grow your career at one of the best places to work.
For our onsite residential teams, our robust development pipeline provides unsurpassed opportunities for professional development as we rapidly grow our portfolio in some of the most attractive neighborhoods in the Washington, DC region.
Leasing Consultants enjoy working in a fast-paced, sales-oriented environment where they have the pleasure of helping prospective residents find the perfect apartment to call home. Driven by a desire to build relationships, Leasing Consultants naturally excel at connecting with prospective residents and developing an understanding of their needs to ensure that we deliver the best in apartment living.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Leasing Consultant, your primary responsibilities include:
* Developing an in-depth knowledge of the community so that you can recommend the right apartment or the best retailer in the neighborhood
* Conducting thoughtful and personalized tours to prospective residents to help them find the apartment that best meets their needs, which ultimately results in new leases
* Coordinating with residents and the team to ensure a smooth move-in experience
* Participating in community activities and social events to build resident relationships
* Leveraging resident relationships and creativity to quickly respond to all resident requests to drive resident satisfaction
* Working a flexible schedule to include weekends
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED (REQUIREMENTS)
At JBG SMITH, our culture is important. We are committed to the highest standards of integrity, creativity and teamwork. Along with those qualities, Leasing Consultants must also bring:
* Experience in customer service-related fields such as hospitality, retail, or restaurants
* Outstanding sales skills and a desire for continual learning and professional development
* Strong aptitude for computer systems and software
* Passion for providing exceptional customer experiences and embodying our core customer service elements of:
* CARING: Demonstrated passion for caring about customers and co-workers alike
* PROFESSIONALISM: Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills
* EMPOWERMENT: Proactive approach with a proven capability to take ownership of customer concerns
* LEADERSHIP: Dependability as a team member who inspires others to achieve excellence
* INCLUSION: Commitment to inclusion and treating everyone with kindness, dignity, and respect
How We Support You
In addition to providing employees with a great place to work, we focus on supporting employees both personally and professionally with a wide range of industry-leading benefits* including:
* Medical and prescription plans at a low cost to employees
* Employee Share Purchase Plan
* Tax-deferred 401(k) plan with company match
* Life insurance for employees, spouses and children at no cost
* Maternity & paternity leave program
* Generous paid time off with personal days and vacation days
* 20% housing discount at JBG SMITH communities (select number available)
* Ongoing training and professional development and a tuition reimbursement plan
* The list of benefits above only identifies certain benefits currently available. Benefits and other terms of employment may change at any time. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements, enrollment criteria and the other terms and conditions of the benefit plans and programs. Certain benefits may require employee contributions, which also are subject to change. Additionally, for some roles, certain benefits provided are subject to the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement.
As a condition of employment, all external candidates must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated from COVID-19 as of your first day of employment, unless a request for an accommodation had been approved. Fully vaccinated means two weeks has passed since the last dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose shot.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
- Customer Service
- Event Management