Customer Service Representative
Northern California Office
1650 Corporate Circle, Petaluma, CA94954
Want to be there to help customers when they need us most?
The feeling is mutual.
Our office located in Petaluma, California is seeking a Customer Service Representative (Associate Account Representative) with a starting salary of $41,067 ($19.74/hour).
Now offering a $2,500 Signing Bonus for new candidates! To qualify for the Signing Bonus, applicants must have started their position on or after 6/1/2021 or have accepted a position no later than 12/31/2021. The Signing Bonus will be structured in two, gross, equal lump sum payments. The first payment of $1,250 will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s successful completion of the orientation period (generally the 1st of the month following three complete months of employment). The second payment of $1,250 will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s six-month anniversary from the date of hire. Signing Bonus payments are subject to Federal, State, and Local taxes where applicable. Amica reserves the right to withhold Signing Bonus payments due to potential job performance and/or dependability concerns.
The 40 hour schedule is Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm and there is potential to work holidays and a few Saturdays per year.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Conduct professional telephone conversations to service existing accounts in a high call volume environment
• Problem-solve and use time effectively to multitask and prioritize work
• Work well with others in a team setting
• Gain customer trust and respect by establishing and maintaining effective relationships
• Meet production goals, as shown through policies written and Amica Life referrals
• High school diploma or equivalent education required
• Previous customer service and sales experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer keyboard (35 wpm) and processing skills
• Previous insurance background is a plus, but not required
• After hire, employees will be required to obtain a state insurance license and meet continuing education requirements to maintain their license (comprehensive training will be provided)
Perks and Benefits:
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
• Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
• Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
• Generous retirement benefits
• Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.