At C.R. England, our most valuable asset is our people. Whether on the road, in our shops, or in our offices, our people make C.R. England a transportation industry leader. The diversity of our professionals drives us forward. We strongly believe each individual should have the support and opportunities they need to build a solid career. We provide. We live by the entrepreneurial and family spirit on which C.R. England was founded. We have opportunities for people of all backgrounds.
Our Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for creating forecasts, analyses, and generating / updating key financial and non-financial reports. The Financial Analyst will be expected to have an understanding of the metrics and/or be able to dig into details to explain the information to individuals at all levels of the organization (senior management, functional leadership and peers). This position requires a strong academic and professional background.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second century.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S.
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
Job requirements may include, but not be limited to:
- Analyzing current and past financial data, performance data, and preparing reports based on this analysis
- Analysis of weekly and monthly operating and financial statistics
- Conduct research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements through statement analysis and review
- Data analysis of operational and financial data using MS Excel
- Special projects as directed by management
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models
- Respond to inquiries regarding financial results, variances and other special requests
- Coordinate with other members of the finance / accounting team to review financial information
- Other duties as assigned
Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5+ year(s) prior work experience, preferably in Finance
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accrual based accounting
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision, exercise good judgment and adapt to directions from one assignment to another
- High level financial modeling skills
- Highly proficient with MS Excel including V-Lookups, Pivot Tables and working with macros
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- SQL reports experience is a highly preferred
- Previous work experience in transportation / logistics is preferred
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, and additional hours as required
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial Statements
- Financial Modeling