No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
We seek a Revenue Cycle Senior Consultant to participate in and lead client teams in supporting health care organizations through reengineering efforts, presenting best practice research, collecting data, facilitating discussions to select strategies, and guiding through to successful installation. Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC. Potential for remote work arrangements exist.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and facilitate client discussions and meetings
- Present research briefings and educational sessions to clients
- Monitor engagement progress; answer questions and devise solutions to client problems
- Review and approve support documentation, work plans, and other deliverables
- Develop curricula, research documents, teaching plans, meeting agendas, and other support materials
- Coordinate client assignments, monitor client satisfaction, manage continuous improvement process and assure engagement efficiency and quality
- Participate in new product and service conceptualization and planning
- Identify cross sell opportunities and support sales process
- Manage, guide, and coach Project Consultant(s)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- Willingness to travel 70-80%
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Electronic Medical Records experience (i.e. Athena, Epic, Cerner)
- Possess 4+ years of professional experience and at least two of the following:
- Consulting experience
- Master's degree or MBA
- Client management experience
- Experience presenting to senior executive level audience or facilitating training sessions
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking order
- Master's degree in business, health care administration or other health care-related field
- Background in health care consulting with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas of hospital operations: revenue cycle management, supply chain, clinical utilization, throughput and efficiency, cost
- Knowledge and previous experience in health care revenue cycle
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Ability to create compelling stories validated with data and proven best practice research
- Ability to build client relationships that result in new business opportunities
- Experience working within health care related data
- Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach, and motivate staff
- Personnel management experience
- Possess intellectual curiosity, persistence and creativity in problem solving
- Team-oriented but also highly self -sufficient and self-motivated
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumConsulting, telecommute, remote, work from home, revenue cycle, consultant, advisory, travel