TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 9 am until 5 pm (Monday – Friday)
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Amount of Travel Required: 10 - 20% as needed
Positions Supervised: None
The Human Resources Training & Development Coordinator will serve as subject matter expert in the areas of training requirements (from all licensing, accreditation, funding and other sources), curriculum development and training delivery. The incumbent will oversee training programs, organization functions and events and serve as the liaison responsible for Hi-Hope’s training platform. The Coordinator will monitor training compliance and be responsible for assuring timelines for completion of training are met. The Coordinator will also guide organizational change through project management, communication and employee engagement activities.
Works closely with Hi-Hope’s Leadership Team and Human Resource Team, the Coordinator will assist with all organization functions, celebrations and ensure that training and development plans are coordinated, communicated and executed effectively and efficiently.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the values and principles of Hi-Hope through words and actions.
- Builds, develops and effectively works others, optimizing individual and team performance through effective leadership, mentoring, and training.
- Devises a comprehensive training strategy for the organization that ensures compliance with regulatory, accreditation and other external stakeholder requirements for I/DD.
- Manage the delivery of training and development programs.
- Designs, develops and implements training programs that allow for comprehensive learning that promotes best practices in the field of service delivery to individuals with I/DD.
- In conjunction with others, manages new employee orientation and organizational training and development.
- Reviews and analyzes data to report effectiveness of learning, compliance rates, trends, and offers recommendations for improvement.
- Manages the NADSP certification process.
- Implements all employee engagement activities, the organization’s celebrations and host functions which may include: Recognitions, Staff Meetings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, DSP Week, Staff Development, Work At Health, etc…
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and privacy, respecting the right of each person.
- Provide excellent customer service for all employee questions and complaints.
- Work with the HR team to create surveys that evaluate team member engagement.
- Recommends programs or strategies to benefit the organization.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret instructions, HR policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain all employee information and paperwork in a secure manner.
- Maintain all HR employee personnel files and record keeping.
- Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers.
- Performs other related tasks and duties as required and assigned.
- Prepare and compile all documents and reports needed for audits.
- Assists HR Generalist with recruitment and selection of new personnel and identification of high potential existing personnel. This may include activities such as drafting job postings, conducting resume reviews/candidate phone screens, interviewing candidates and selection of new employees.
- Provides back up to the HR Generalist, and aid with HR functions, as needed.
Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee and consumer safety.
Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology or closely related field. Bachelor’s Degree is preferable.
Experience: Requires 3 years of experience in training, curriculum development, change management, human resources and/or other closely aligned fields. Prefers to exude creative and artistic ability, and experience in I/DD.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Therap and Paycor.
Certificates & Licenses: Certified trainer in CPR/First Aid/AED and Quality Behavioral Solutions (QBS). (Will provide training if not currently certified.)
Must be 21 years old, able to pass a pre-employment physical and capable of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds; have a negative drug screening and a tuberculosis (TB) screening or X-Ray; and, have an acceptable motor vehicle record with no more than two moving violations in a three year period within the last five years of a seven year motor vehicle record report, vehicle liability insurance and an acceptable criminal record check. Must have reliable transportation.
- Conflict Resolution
- Organization Development
- Complex Problem Solving