Vista College is currently hiring for an Adjunct MIBC Instructor at our Longview, Texas campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu.
Our customer-driven employees are what set us apart. Each teacher, administrator, and staff member
is essential to providing excellent service and producing graduates the business community would be pleased to employ. The optimal MIBC Instructor candidate will be responsible for teaching students medical coding and billing
concepts and application.
Key responsibilities include:
• Utilizing the training syllabus, equipment, and learning materials to give the best learning experience to our students
• Testing students to gauge their development
• Support after-class student assistance as needed
• Meeting deadlines for grade submissions and required duties
• Be a mentor to the students
• Assure company and government compliance is maintained in your classes
• Support campus initiatives
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• 3+ years hands on experience in a medical office setting
• Experience in hospital coding medical insurance forms or Medical Assisting clinical experience
• Proven understanding coding medical insurance forms or Medical Assisting protocols
• 2 years of computerized patient billing for MIBC instructors
• Associate Degree or higher is a highly desirable
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
• Proven group and one-on-one presentation, communication, and organization skills
• Exceptional social and customer focused skills
• Ability to sufficiently read, write, and speak the English language
• Documented successful classroom teaching experience at the post-secondary level, or equivalent private industry experience is a plus
• Certified in field CMA or RMA or willingness to secure relevant certification
Medical Billing And Coding
Coaching And Mentoring