To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Livingston, CA 95334
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Safety Specialist, United States, Natural Ingredients N. America
Sensient Technologies Corporation • Livingston, CA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the direction of the Safety & Health Manager, designs and conducts company training programs based on the Safety Framework Standards of the division. Monitors and reports the effectiveness of training on employees for existing, new and temporary employees. Trains employees on safety policies, procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines. Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and customer inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
Responsibilities also include inspecting plant facilities, and recommending corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations. Attends employee meetings on all shifts to report safety activity and findings. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- This position has the primary responsibility for the sites safety training and inspection program execution and additional safety responsibilities assigned by the Safety & Health Manager.
- Coordinates the plant safety effort and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Develops the annual H&S safety action plan for the plant, achieving consensus on plan objectives and monitors progress against goals.
- Perform scheduled plant safety inspections. Assists line management in the development of job safety analysis (JSA’s) to ensure all safety hazards have been identified and mitigating safety procedure are developed to prevent injury.
- Develops and implements audit programs to review and assure compliance with applicable health and safety standards and that the site is following all safety procedures and evaluate effectiveness.
- Works with site leadership to develop hazard abatement action plan.
- Facilitates root cause analysis (5 Why) with Superintendents & Production Manager for all injuries and accidents. Responsible for ensuring all accident report documentation is complete and accurate.
- Leads all facility safety committee activities including selecting members, training members, coordinating activities and empowering members to develop and obtain specific safety objectives.
- Ensures Post Injury Management program is administered in an effective and complaint manner.
- Coordinates and completes compliance driven safety requirements such as annual audiograms, industrial hygiene surveys, CPR/First Aid training, forklift training, HAZMAT response training, etc.
- Actively interacts with all employees to promote safe acts and increase employee engagement.
- Educates, motivates and trains line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Manages the plant personal protective equipment, work clothing and safety equipment programs according to company standards and operating budget.
- Assists Occupational Health & Safety Nurse in administration of the workers’ compensation program, including effective medical case management, reporting, record maintenance and follow-up.
- Develops and implements effective plant programs for the identification, prevention and control of occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Develops and coordinates plant health and safety education and training programs. Serves on the plant safety committee as Co-Chairperson.
- Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations.
- Maintains legal, governmental and company environmental, health, medical and safety-related records according to standards, including confidentiality. Maintains an accurate OSHA 300 log and reports monthly site KPI’s..
- Under the Guidance of the Safety Manager, this position will assist in the preparation of all required regulatory and company reporting documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health Sciences/Industrial Hygiene or related field.
- Qualified candidates must have 3 plus years of experience preferably in a manufacturing environment. Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Health or related field preferred.
- Experience and comfortable in training larger and small groups of employees.
- Food industry experience preferred.
- Must provide effective leadership to numerous personnel and various plant activities.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of working effectively with minimal supervision and has the ability to prioritize and make efficient use of time and resources to bring tasks to closure.
- The ideal candidate will be very articulate and effective in communicating and training larger groups of employees.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is highly preferred.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours and days to meet training and safety goals.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
About Sensient Natural Ingredients:
The Sensient Natural Ingredients group is part of Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group and is one of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, chili pepper and dehydrated vegetables such as parsley, celery and spinach. These ingredients are used in many of today's popular convenience foods. The Natural Ingredients unit is located in Turlock, California.
About Sensient Technologies Corporation:
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer