Expect more than a job!
Our values are the heartbeat of our organization and we live, breathe and play by them every day. Join our team as an Information Technology Project Manager and experience the satisfaction of being part of a unique culture. As a Percepta team member, you can expect
Culture of Service - to be treated like you are the customer from day one
Teamwork – belonging to a supportive family team environment that encourages growth, fosters trust and open communication and acknowledges value in your contributions
Respect – a team that is accountable, dependable and gives you their full attention
Proactive – to surround yourself with solution-oriented people who strive to improve themselves, others and the organization
Career growth and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
Diversity - be a part of our growing diverse and community-minded organization that is all about having fun
Competitive compensation - we take care of family, which is why we offer more than just competitive wages and great benefits. Our programs include incentives and promote physical, mental, and financial wellness.
IT Project Manager, responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating the information technology elements of moderate-complexity work efforts of new business launches from initiation to closure. Responsible for the delivery of technology solutions on time, on budget, and according to specifications. Use excellent team facilitation and coordination skills to foster a team spirit. This position requires very minimal supervision from senior management staff and is expected to perform completely independent using a high level of decision making on a regular basis. The IT Project Manager follows the established project management processes to launch projects. The IT Project Manager conducts projects related to process improvement, software implementations, software development, data network and telephony, CRM and other client based IT solution for our internal and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership through entire project lifecycle, including pre-sales requirements analysis and documentation, solution development, project planning and launch, implementation, and post-launch support.
- As the technology Subject Matter Expert (SME), works closely with all Technology teams, internal and external clients, business partners and vendors to plan, organize, secure and manage resources for assigned Technology Launch Project efforts following software development lifecycle and project implementation policies and procedures as applicable. Independently research, analyze, identify and document the tasks to achieve the project goals. Coordinate, facilitate, and lead project team meetings to accomplish project deliverables.
- Responsible for the management of the Technology portion of the project including: develop and / or draft a Statement of Work (SOW) / Business Requirements Document (BRD) to deliver technology solutions, for inclusion into final SOW / BRD, developing and tracking budget and schedule, tracking individual project tasks, providing risk analysis, tracking and resolving technology issues and action items, providing various project management visibility and control measures and reports as needed and communicating to project team and stakeholders. Perform requirements gathering and quality assurance as needed.
- Works closely with our internal and external clients to understand their business and system problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements. Work with Technology teams and management to identify solutions that enable the organization to achieve its project goals.
- Work with the client, external vendors and internal departments to develop processes to support additional product development and production enhancements and support agreements in order to support technology solutions.
- Trace the requirements through the life cycle of the project to ensure that the scope is managed and that the original requirements are delivered.
- Coordinate with third party vendors, internal departments and client, to manage technology project plans, metrics reporting and issues.
- Identify and manage measurements for success and critical path processes.
- Manage expectations regarding technology project schedule and quality of the solution.
- Ensure appropriate resources are applied to meet project requirements.
- Manage time/resource tracking of third party vendors and internal departments in relationship to the technology project plan as defined in the SOW.
- Regularly communicate Technology project status and issues to both technical and business audiences.
- Track actual cost and quality of third party vendor performance and provide feedback to the Director of Global IT, clients, senior management, and others to ensure business goals are met.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Conduct post project reviews to identify opportunities for improvement. Provide feedback to internal departments, clients, and executives.
- Work with PMO project manager and launch team to develop tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Assures adherence to company standards and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and relevant industry experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in demonstrated project management including participation in multiple IT programs or system implementations
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Information Technology
- Process and application development experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience with call center operations and associated technology
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated decision making and leadership skills managing teams
- Practical business experience
- PMI certification and experience in a quality methodology (such as Six Sigma, TQM, or ISO 9000) a plus
- Expected to have excellent time management skills
- Expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competency in all knowledge areas defined by the Project Management Institute
- Implementation, software development, and process improvement project experience
- Comfortable with changing requirements, simultaneous projects, and aggressive schedules; must be flexible, excellent at multitasking, and able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in the technical and business environments
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management, clients, and other departments
- Able to contribute to business and technical solutions development, working well with a variety of teams and individuals
- Experience with project reporting metrics, word processing, spreadsheets, flowcharting applications, and project management software
- Must be detail oriented
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, MS Projects, Visio)
Percepta requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. Percepta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Project Management Life Cycle
Systems Development Life Cycle