At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that help our customers improve patient care. Choosing a career with Cantel means joining a company that’s driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to shape the future of infection prevention. If you want to be inspired by your work and have a hand in shaping the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Come and see why people love working here.
Cantel is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products. Cantel medical is a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, specializing in the following operating units:
Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. Medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents and other supplies are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes. This segment is operated through MEDIVATORS.
Water purification systems for dialysis facilities, including hemodialysis dialyzer and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products. This segment is operated through Mar Cor Purification, Inc. and MEDIVATORS.
Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market including face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants. This segment is operated through Crosstex International, Inc.
The role of Manufacturing Mechanical Technician is to repair and maintain mechanical equipment and production machinery based on diagrams, operation manuals and manufacturers specifications using hand tools, power tools and precision equipment. The Manufacturing Mechanical Technician will also coordinate minor and major facility maintenance and janitorial services.
As an employee, the incumbent will support the mission, vision and values of Cantel and be familiar with and abide by all Cantel policies and procedures. Cantel employees will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values of Cantel. Cantel employees will present themselves in a professional manner, and be helpful and courteous at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent w/ Technical Certification
- AAS degree preferred but not required
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a production environment
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn new machinery & equipment
- Understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Troubleshooting skills through deductive reasoning and schematics
- Knowledge of PLC control systems and digital electronic equipment a plus
- Familiarity with power tools, multimeters, amp meters, micrometers, calipers, RPM gauges, tension gauges and other hand tools
- Familiarity with milling, lathe, drill press, grinders and other shop equipment
- Familiarity with forklifts, scissor lifts, cranes, hoists, chain falls and jacks
- Ability to balance multiple priorities through time management and planning skills
- Schedule flexibility to support multiple shifts during weekdays and weekends.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office and computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50+ LBS
I understand the description of this job and the essential functions, as given above. I also understand that all of the duties are not described above, and that I will perform those above and other related duties as directed by my supervisor and management.
- Perform repairs, upgrades, installations and periodic maintenance of facility machines and equipment
- Must have the computer skills to efficiently work within Word, Excel, email systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD) and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), AC/DC drives and other electronically controlled equipment.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems using schematics, wire drawings, I/O lists and manufacturer manuals.
- Replace, fix or realign machine parts and accessories according to manufacturer and production specifications
- Lubricate, adjust or replace machine components in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and aligned with preventative maintenance schedules
- Utilize and maintain Preventative Maintenance Database software for tracking scheduled and completed tasks.
- Familiarity with Lock Out/Tag Out and utilize the safety process to properly quarantine equipment during service or repair
- Powers up equipment to verify functionality and performance to specification
- Coordinate facility repairs and improvements for the building, property, production and office areas
- Maintains records in a CMMS for equipment maintenance and operation to satisfy FDA, ISO, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the Mainsaver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- Communicate with OEMs and equipment suppliers for information, support, parts and materials
- Ability to comprehend documented Standard Operating Procedures and manuals related to equipment operation and maintenance
- Other applicable tasks assigned by the Plant Manager
- It is expected that the incumbent will have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and set work priorities.
From time to time will schedule and direct vendors/contractors on an occasional basis for maintenance, repair, replacement and testing of equipment and systems, under the supervision of other Production Equipment Maintenance Technicians, the Facilities & Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
Cantel is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or other protected class status. #CB
Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: The careers pages of our website are only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of Cantel. Staffing and recruiting agencies that are not preferred suppliers are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications, resumes or CVs, or to forward resumes, CVs or applications directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
Cantel does not accept unsolicited resumes, CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. Cantel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes, CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact (and hire) candidates presented in such unsolicited resumes, CVs or applications without incurring any type of a fee.
Staffing and Recruiting Agencies that are not preferred suppliers but that wish to respond to a vacancy, should contact URL blocked - click to apply for further information.
Adjustment Of Components
Troubleshooting Manufacturing Equipment