To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2019) - Lincoln, NH
Hubbell Inc • Lincoln, NH
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It’s this talent that we consider to be our company’s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company’s success with your own.
34 Bern Dibner Drive Lincoln, NH 03251
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10 to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Design simple jigs, dies, and fixtures. Perform machining of components as directed to improve understanding of tool making. Participate in Kaizen activities (SMED planned) to improve lean Mfg. skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Engineering research and technical assistance to engineers
- Review current engineering program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform tests to assure quality control
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
- Additional expectations:
- Design simple jibs, dies and fixtures
- Perform machinig of componentes as directed to improve understanding of tool making.
- Participate in Kaizen activities (SMED planned) to improve lean manufacturing skills
Skills and Experience
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong computer skills with preferred experience using CAD/related drawing software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.