Welcome to Mill Creek! We’re glad you’re here! At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and Relationships.
The Security Manager provides security and safety by patrolling Commercial, Office, Residential, and/or Mixed-use properties. They will guard against theft, vandalism, violence or other threats against the company, residents, tenants, or patrons. This will be accomplished through their direct efforts and the efforts of the staff they directly manage. In reference to company portfolio, the Security Manager will be assigned to specific locations. Complexity factors include location of property, budget, crime rate, size of property, etc.
- Patrols Commercial, Office, Residential and/or Mixed-use property to ensure safety and security. Monitors coming and goings of property, provides customer and vendor service, accepts deliveries, patrols assigned areas.
- Oversees activities of contract security at assigned properties.
- Interacts with local law enforcement agents regarding community services, safety and security issues and investigations.
- Conducts investigations into suspected criminal activity, fire and safety violations and missing Resident packages.
- Assists Corporate Security with fire prevention/hazard evaluations, security hazard evaluations, fire load evaluations, hazardous material evaluations and property safety hazard evaluations.
- Reviews incident and claim reports of fraud, assault, injury or crimes.
- Schedules and conducts all ongoing training classes.
- Conducts seminars on OSHA, hazardous materials, safety and security issues to office and maintenance personnel.
- Writes all post orders and procedures and monitors security at all buildings.
- Prepares and works with all budgets.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred plus knowledge of OSHA, safety and security gained through formal education or on-the-job training.
- Requires 3-5 years of security management or equivalent experience. Also requires 1-2 years of security officer or equivalent experience.
- Multi-family housing experience helpful.
- Capacity to read, write, and speak English, as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communication, such as, but not limited to, the ability to conduct investigations, prepare budgets, post orders, interview and hire in-house security, off-duty guards, and contract police.
- Valid State Issued Driver License
About The Uptown
The Uptown, built in 2008, is the place to be in Oakland. Located in the heart of Oakland's emerging entertainment district, The Uptown is an awesome apartment community with 665 apartment homes.
Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAre you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and together!
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)