Physical Therapist SchoolLocation:
Waterbury, CTJob ID:
Physical Therapist – Schools
A School District in the Waterbury, CT area is looking for dedicated Physical Therapists to join their team for an assignment for the 2020-2021 school year.
PTs who work in the school setting are dedicated professionals that design and perform therapeutic strategies and adaptations, focusing on functional mobility with safe, efficient access and participation in educational activities in children and young adults. Still want to hear more? Ask us about our positions and start dates across the nation! We can help with temporary housing. For more information call
or apply by sending a resume copy to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Physical Therapist - School
! Preferred Healthcare offers competitive salary and the best benefits in the industry.
• Current state license in the area of physical therapy.
• Prior experience in providing best practices in serving students.
• Full time, may consider part time candidates as well
• Evaluates and determines eligibility for services of referred students within the District based on their standard of practice entrance/exit guidelines
• Provides appropriate assessments.
• Designs, develops and delivers services prescribed in the IEP for each student who identified as requiring physical therapy services. Develops appropriate and measurable goals. Collects data on progress toward goals.
• Assists with the screening of students who are coming to the school district with an identified disabling condition. Provide appropriate adaptations in the classroom while assessments are being completed and IEP developed.
• Collaborates with and assists with in-servicing staff members in the development of a variety of strategies to meet the educational needs of students in need of physical therapy in the classroom.
• Provides in-service to staff members to support existing therapy routines for students in a daily setting in the classroom.
• Provides in-service to parents to support existing therapy routines for students.
• Provides technical assistance including recommendations, modifications and necessary repairs of assistive devices that may be utilized to meet the specific needs of students receiving direct physical therapy as part of their total program.
What We Offer:
• Paid Holidays and School Breaks
• Competitive pay package
• Comprehensive training
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
• Retirement planning and savings options
• Continuing Education reimbursement
• Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Best Benefits Position
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer –Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Intensive Care Unit
Pediatric Advanced Life Support