Sr. Electrical Engineer - Embedded Systems (Direct Hire)
St. Paul, MN
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for a direct-hire job opportunity with leading client in the medical device industry located in St. Paul, MN. In this role, the Electrical Engineer will have the opportunity to apply their in-depth knowledge of electrical engineering industry best practices, standards and technology areas to design, implement, and test real-time embedded medical device systems. They will work cross functionally to bring products from concept through development and into production.
-Work with minimal technical supervision in a team environment to achieve milestones as directed by the Program Manager of the project.
-Act as a key player in the design activities surrounding analog and digital circuit design, embedded system and microcontroller-based design, sensor interfaces, A/D conversion, filtering, and PCB schematic design to support new Class II/III medical devices
-Perform substantial assignments on major projects of moderate to high complexity. Assignments may be broad in nature and require creativity and ingenuity.
-Senior Electrical Engineers may act as the technical authority in area of specialty on assigned projects. May have overall project responsibility and may act as Lead on most projects and can assist lower level engineers & technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Digital and/or analog electronic design and development of embedded systems
- Component and/or system-level electronic design and test
- Printed circuit board development, build, and test
- Devise, test, and debug system-level architecture for new products of moderate and significant technical complexity
- Design and develop sensor interfaces including A/D conversion, filtering, etc.
- Develop and perform hardware verification testing
- Participation in product requirements definition, analysis, project planning, and design reviews
- Write design specifications
- Assist with agency compliance testing in accordance with EMC and IEC 60601-1 standards
- Provide task estimates in support of projects and proposals
- Lead and support process improvement initiatives
- Lead analysis, review and evaluation of design alternatives
- Prepare and review design documentation and test procedures
- Lead definition, analysis and allocation of requirements
- Consult for test activities
- Provide mentoring, training and technical development for other engineers
- Maintain and ensure compliance with design and quality controls
- Interface with customers and business development
- BS degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics
- 6-9 years' experience with BS; or 3-6 years' experience with an MS degree
- Expert level understanding of analog and digital circuit design, embedded system and microcontroller-based design, sensor interfaces, A/D conversion, filtering, and PCB schematic design to support new Class II/III medical devices
- Proficient at quickly solving high-complexity electrical problems
- Detailed documentation skills and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated project planning skills and leadership skills
- Medical Device experience preferred but not required
Coaching And Mentoring