Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is part of Bank of America Corporation.
The Team Financial Advisor (TFA) role is a specific functional role aligned to a Financial Advisor (FA) team for the purpose of concentrating on a targeted aspect of the Team’s business. The primary focus of the TFA Business Management role is to ensure the FA team has a defined business plan along with team roles and responsibilities and to track to the goals in the plan. The TFA Business Manager will own, manage and track to the components of the team’s client segmentation and pricing model. The TFA Business Manager will need to apply future industry trends and firm strategy to the team’s practice.
• Understand all aspects of an optimal practice and complete the training and development needed to prepare for a successful career as a Financial Advisor
• Ensure the team has a Business Plan in place that defines a clear vision for the practice along with goals and objectives, team roles and responsibilities and processes for all of the Optimal Practice Model Functional Roles
• Hold regular practice meetings to drive accountability to business plan
• Track and monitor progress to goals
• Manage and fund an established budget for practice expenses
• Monitor and manage team’s business expenses
• Ensure team is using client segmentation, pricing and profitability model
• Leverage partners within the firm to drive the overall vision for the practice
• Evaluate team practice using the SWOT Analysis
• Create professional development plans for team members
• May manage team “staff”(Investment Associates/Client Associates)
• Establish and maintain relationships with the management team and inform them of any circumstances that require supervisory attention/review/approval per compliance guidelines and policies
• Complete required training, obtain industry licenses (Series 7 & 66), master assessments, maintain continuing education requirements and meet minimum performance standards
• Source prospective clients, capitalize on referrals and assess customer needs
• Deliver highly customized solutions and through collaboration deliver the full resources of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination. Legal authorization to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship is required.
• Proven ability to influence, develop and motivate others
• Proven ability to think strategically
• Strong meeting facilitation skills
• Proven ability to assess needs of clients and recommend appropriate solutions/interventions
• Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team and with key partners
• Proven ability to listen and probe for clarity and understanding
• Ability to source clients through prospecting and networking
• Ability to work in an environment where the majority of your compensation is tied to your performance
• Goal and results oriented
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong follow-through skills Computer/technical literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
NOTE: In addition to Business Management, this position may be considered for both the Planning and Investment and Financing roles
Ideal candidate will have:
• At minimum a Bachelors Degree
• Masters of Business Administration Degree and/or equivalent business experience
• Experience working in business management / leadership role
• Proficiency in using SalesForce / Client Relationship Manager Tool
• Budget management experience
• Strong understanding of the Financial Advisor role
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: