Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Transport Drivers are responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle, loading, unloading, reloading product, delivery of product to designated locations.
- Ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Attend regularly and on time to this position with a five (5) day work schedule, 8 hours a day including weekends and split days off. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs. May be scheduled to work extra days.
- Associate is required to load equipment from Depots and count the number of dollies, baskets that are being brought back on the trailer and document the equipment being returned.
- Must be capable of climbing up and down building stairways and ladders to perform the tasks required.
- Must be capable of exerting necessary force to move equipment in the distribution process.
- Tasks require sitting and driving for long periods, standing, stooping, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, bending and twisting.
- Mental and visual ability to identify rack and/or container labeling. Perform repetitive tasks following specific instructions.
- Load, unload, and reload trailers with product. May be required to breakdown product and equipment.
- Perform these functions utilizing safe work practices and high customer focus.
- Utilize powered material handling equipment in a safe manner. Comply with related operational safety regulations including licensing requirements.
- Operate tractor-trailer safely following FMCSR and DMV regulations. Comply with FMCSR record keeping requirements including but not limited to Driver’s Daily Record of Duty Status, Vehicle Inspections, trip sheets and related necessary documents.
- Reports any issues or problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness of tractor interior.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must possess a valid CDL, Class A driver’s license for the state of residence with acceptable record
- Knowledge of and compliance of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, as well as State and/or Local Department of Motor Vehicle regulations.
- Record and maintain documents required by the Company and DOT.
- This position requires two (2) years’ experience driving tractor-trailers including doubles, no accidents or points in last two years, clean Class A, M.V.R.
- Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand work, safety instructions and comply with DOT.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Packaging And Labeling
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)