To demonstrate a warm, outgoing personality with the ability to work under pressure while exhibiting a professional image. Accurately and efficiently performs described duties. Contributes to the throughput of patients by demonstrating a team environment.
1____ Welcomes all patients and visitors with a smile and pleasant tone of voice. Interviews patient or their representative, to gather and/or verify the patient's legal name, demographic and financial information necessary to build the patient's account.
2____ Builds and/or verifies patient accounts by accurately and efficiently keying data into the AMR.
3____ Scans insurance cards; drivers license or ID/photo into the AMR. Verifies Medicaid, Medicare and other third party payor insurance eligibility as required. Collects copays and back balances. Makes note in AMR when patients are unable to pay.
4____ Possesses & utilizes professional telephone techniques by answering telephone promptly; handling or directing calls appropriately and taking accurate telephone messages.
5____ Schedules appointments for patients according to established protocols. Documents no-shows and cancellations in medical record and removes them from the schedule.
6____ Explains office policies, procedures and programs to patients, assisting patients with gathering of information and completion of forms.
7____ Maintains medical record system and patient files, scans records, copies and faxes records as directed, prepares appropriate forms for visits as needed.
8____ Works with central billing office staff by obtaining and building accurate patient accounts and providing information as requested in a timely manner.
9____ Contributes towards the movement of the flow of patients by performing other front office duties (mail gathering & distribution; filing; etc.). Will provide coverage for co-workers in their absence.
10____Demonstrates and understands the importance of all staff members being
prepared to take on additional duties or relinquishing existing duties in order to maintain efficient running of the practice. The Office Manager reserves the right to re-distribute duties and functions among staff members.
* Follows down time procedures utilizing handwritten forms and schedules to continue to accommodate patients.
* Must complete all required courses through the ALC (Advanced Learning Center) by due dates as required by employer.
* Identifies situations requiring further investigation, resolving problems as they arise.
* Demonstrates behaviors reflecting values of trust, quality, flexibility and teamwork in all job related functions.
* Maintains a neat, clean and organized work area.
* Assists with the closing and securing of the building at the end of the working day.
* Assists with making daily bank deposits as required.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous
waste policies and protocols and maintaining a clean working environment.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Assures protection and privacy of health information as attained through written,
electronic or oral disclosure.
* Some exposure to blood and bodily fluids: Exposure Control Level II.
* The associate will hold in confidence any and all patient information
communicated or stored using any medium including oral communication.
In addition, the associate will seek to protect patient information from inadvertent
use or disclosure by adhering to hospital policies.
Education and Formal Training Required:
Must have a high school degree or the equivalent.
Must maintain CPR certification. If not certified prior to employment, employer will certify as part of orientation.
Prior receptionist/secretarial experience preferred, but not required.
Prior physician office experience preferred, but not required.
Indiana Drivers License
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature extremes. Some exposure to wind, rain and snow when driving between Kosciusko Community Hospital/KMG locations.
Demonstrates age appropriate competency skills and knowledge, ability to perform skills specific to patient population identified in unit specific skill list. Ages of patients served in office include infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Must demonstrate ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
Must demonstrate ability to interact efficiently and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
Must demonstrate excellent telephone skills and etiquette.
Proficient computer skills.
- Attention To Detail