To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sales Executive - Transpac
Kuehne + Nagel • Chicago, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sales Executive - Transpac
Acting as a bridge between our customers and our business units Sales Executives are responsible for gaining new/additional business as well as keeping/growing existing customers in line with the business units' strategies. For this we have to pro-actively develop and systematically maintain customer relationships compliantly. All activity is captured in our Customer Relationship Management system.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary objective of the KN US Sales Organization is to ensure the growth of KN through the development of new business.
The Sales Executive is responsible for winning new accounts within the assigned branch office territory. The position is also responsible for maximizing sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, and customer support strategies; and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the single point of contact for KN solutions and service sales across all Sea & Air logistics business fields within the assigned territory and customer base, with specific focus on Sea Logistics development.
- Obtain new "B" and "C" level customers through sales "hunting" activity, correctly assessing the prospective account as Profitable, Significant or Strategic in order to secure winning bids.
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing CRM daily (required).
- Conduct mutually agreed Quarterly Business Reviews with the customer and maintain close/ongoing communication with customer and KN Operations to assure expectations are satisfied.
- Report to management in agreed intervals on market development, working and buying platform.
- Adhere to all policies listed in the KN US Sales Guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Your skills and experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of 2 years field sales in freight forwarding or two years of operational experience.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Solid PC operational knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation and customer relations skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Drivers License
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req43184
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.